Servicing at MotoGuard Tampines

Limws1

Hi,

Anyone has experience in servicing their cars at MotoGuard located at Tampines? Are they any good?

Rdgs

↡ Advertisement

i had less than satisfying experience there.

Went to them one early morning to fix a leaking tyre valve. According to them, valve replaced. $10 i paid. valve still leak when i inflate my tyre at kiosk about 1 week later. [thumbsdown]

Went back to LS at ubi, shop owner still recognize me cos i replaced my tyres there about one month ago. valve was replaced on the spot FOC! [thumbsup]

U can try Chip Soon Auto [:)] I use their service for my previous 323, staff there are ok & they oso open on Sunday till 3pm, but thier price may not be cheap [;)]

had bad experience with both motorgard n chip soon........

@ motorgrad gt a veri long hair service advisor........

damn cocky......went ther once 4 servicing....ask mi change tis change tat...Wow..

total bill cost mi abt $280!!!!!

damn shocked.... OEM air filter charged $38, oil filter charged $25, spark plug charged $72!!! kanna chop big time!!!!!!!! den dun accept nets......

chip soon spare parts are X.......last time met a accident along tampines SAFRA....so decided to drive into for quotation......quote mi replaced bumper + new coat of paint...

$315!!!!!!!! immediately walk away.....went 2 my mech in bedok industrial...new bumper + paint only 180!!!!!!

aft 2 bad incident.....i decided 2 ban tis 2 wkshop on my list!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean they will recommend repair/replacement even if it is unnecessary?
Yup. Actually...you can go any where for basic servicing. For repair go to the trusted ones. For me, I'll save the trouble and go to the trusted ones....for both.

my experience with them is quite ok, price is cheap for a basic servicing using elf syn oil. but they tends to overcharge for other parts [sweatdrop]

this is despite the fact that i'm a regular customer [thumbsdown]

Thanks for all the replies. I guess MotoGuard is one of the workshops to avoid then. How about Autodynamac at Ubi Road 1?

Sorry for asking so much, cause looking for a good workshop to replace timing belt for my Ford Focus. Not easy to replace the timing belt.

For major servicing like timing belt, etc.. I suggest you find our from fellow Ford owners which are the workshops that are familiar with the make. Some workshops will take the opportunity to charge you an arm and a leg...just cos it's a conti car...somethings that is less common on the road. They may not even be able to do a good job even after the eguhe bill.

A good workshop is Riverview Auto at AMK Autopoint. I always trust them with my vehicles. My fren sent in his Ford Laser for 80K servicing which includes changing of timing belt, water pump, etc. Oh, and oso changing of battery. Costs him ard $700+, RM would be ard $1200 if I remembered correctly. [sweatdrop]

RV is not that cheap but their worksmanship and customer service is definitely there. Good things dun come cheap I guess.

You can go to those workshop that is cheap but worksmanship might by shoddy. In the end, gotta go back and rectify...waste of time and effort. [shakehead]

Edited by Fcw75