Maintenance of a Citroen C1... need advice pls

Friendstar

All mechanical bits are Toyota actually so mechanically should be easy to manage. The engine is a 1KR-FE, shared with the 1.0l Vitz.

Only possible area of concern is the semi-auto transmission, which is also a Toyota sourced unit. From what I read, the Toyota MMT (Multimode Transmission) used in certain models has a pretty patchy reputation overseas.

Actually if you look back at the roles of parties in the Czech JV, Toyota did all of the development work for the triplet models (Aygo, C1, 107). PSA Citroen's role was in materials and the diesel engine variant.

Although the clutchless-manuals in the C1 and 107 use their respective trade names (Sensodrive & 2-Tronic), they are Toyota sourced. For example, a 107 2-Tronic drives and feels very different from a 1007 2-Tronic differences in size notwithstanding. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

interesting!!

so what about the citroen C1 makes it a citroen? since it's so reliant on toyota parts. would it be better built than say a vitz 1.0 since material is PSA sourced?

It would not be fair to compare with a Vitz cos have to bear in mind that the TPCA car was designed to be a low cost city runabout, ie cheap to build. You can see the cost cutting of non-essentials in areas like the underside of the bonnet, which is not properly painted but left in primer.

[;)]

Neutral Newbie

ahhh. i see. understand what you mean now. it's a collaboration project between toyota peugoet and citroen to produce a low cost city car.

at 50K (from sgcarmart) would you recommend the 107 and C1? or are they overpriced cars with a conti label?

in line with the TS question, what about other peripherals (suspension, braking system etc.), are these parts easily replaceble or reliable?

Edited by Bentwy

It depends on what you are looking for in a car. These are low-cost city cars but engineered to suit European tastes, ie, essential safety equipment over gadgets.

For example, 4 airbags, ABS and CSC are standard, but they still come only with manually adjustable side mirrors and spartan interiors. But if you compare the OMV with other Jap/ Korean models in the same price range, you will see they are pretty fairly priced actually....

Engine parts wise is likely to be shared with Toyota models (even the factory fitted oil filter is from Toyota-Denso). Not sure about the rest of the peripherals, but given Toyota's role in development, quite likely parts are from the common bin.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I am also thinking of getting C1 for a start.

Have been going thru reviews like onemotoring.com etc..

It has been quite positive. (I guess)

I need some 'realtime' comments.

What do u guys think?

Speed:?

Maintenance:?

Running cost:?

etc.. all that is necessary to think about when buying a car first time.

Thanks!! [:)]