HONDA TYPE-R

Mondeo

Neutral Newbie

Dun really understand the market, Integra Type-R selling $117K, but Civic Type-R selling $133K. crazy.gif

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
Are you sure the ITR is selling at $117K? So cheap meh?

Blind one lah. no body kit one. Saw on ST today.

Neutral Newbie
It might not be the Type R but the iS model...with no 'add ons'..

Sorry correction, that one should be the RSX version not Type-R, but ITR also selling almost same with CTR [crazy]

Sorry correction, that one should be the RSX version not Type-R, but ITR also selling almost same with CTR [crazy]

Correction, there is only the iS and type R in singapore. iS is 160hp and Type R is 220hp.

RSX is the left hand drive american model.

Neutral Newbie

Correction, there is only the iS and type R in singapore. iS is 160hp and Type R is 220hp.

RSX is the left hand drive american model.

Jap stock called its 'IS', export version called "RSX" and name under Acura, not only LHD, HK alredi got RHD name RSX frm Acura.

Imported Civic Type-R frm UK stock, so power only got 197bhp instead 220bhp.

Neutral Newbie
Hmm..But some imported Civic Type Rs are from Japan, built in UK but to Jap specs, so not all Civic Rs are 197bhp.

ALA built in UK, its only 197bhp unless built in Jap, but hard to export since no stock alredi, and also owner manal is in Japanese only, (U want yr manual in Eng or Jap if buy one here?!)

No i mean its built in UK but shipped to Japan with Jap specs. Its built in Swindon i think. Simple matter of adjusting to Jap spec fuel, which yields more power [;)]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
No i mean its built in UK but shipped to Japan with Jap specs. Its built in Swindon i think. Simple matter of adjusting to Jap spec fuel, which yields more power [;)]

Actually, All of CTR (this generation) are built frm HUM's Swindon, and some sent back to Jap for stock, so how can export frm Jap since they dun even can entertain their own buyers.

Edited by Mondeo

Actually, All of CTR (this generation) are built frm HUM's Swindon, and some sent back to Jap for stock, so how can export frm Jap since they dun even can entertain their own buyers.

Correct but we get the jap spec ones from certain dealers! Cos our fuel grade here is pretty high anyway. Its sold now in Japan though, from UK!

Neutral Newbie

To be precise, in comparing the UK and JDM version of the Civic Type R (EP3)

UK EP3 has 200ps compared to JDM 215ps

JDM comes with Recaro seats UK EP3 has some other seats.

JDM comes in REd, White, Black, while the UK version comes in Silver, Black, Red

JDM EP3 has LSD while the UK version does not.

JDM comes stock with the 180kmh speed limiter. I shan't comment about removing it :)

If I'm not wrong, JDM comes with a British flag at the back, strangely enough..

If you are considering getting the car, be sure to check out the OMV your PI is securing for you as well - it DOES vary quite a bit.. from experiences of people in SHC.

To be precise, in comparing the UK and JDM version of the Civic Type R (EP3)

UK EP3 has 200ps compared to JDM 215ps

JDM comes with Recaro seats UK EP3 has some other seats.

JDM comes in REd, White, Black, while the UK version comes in Silver, Black, Red

JDM EP3 has LSD while the UK version does not.

JDM comes stock with the 180kmh speed limiter. I shan't comment about removing it :)

If I'm not wrong, JDM comes with a British flag at the back, strangely enough..

If you are considering getting the car, be sure to check out the OMV your PI is securing for you as well - it DOES vary quite a bit.. from experiences of people in SHC.

So when are you getting one? [cool]

Neutral Newbie

For $133K to get the fat boy Type-R, I rather extra out $20K for bigger size EVO7 [cool]

Neutral Newbie

For $133K to get the fat boy Type-R, I rather extra out $20K for bigger size EVO7 [cool]

True, at minimum 280 bhp, easily tuned to crazy levels, it's hard to resist. The interior looks like a freakin' sporty luxury car at that, what with all the leg room...

But then again, at 6-8km/l, you have to have a big budget for gas. That's one reason to stay NA..

Actually, *if* I were to get a Type R, it would probably the DC5 ITR. Anyway, that's just some wishful thinking on my part :)

↡ Advertisement