Car Service at PI workshop

Chihuahua

Where do you guys who bought your ride from PI send your ride for the regular service - at their workshop or your own preferred workshop ? Also when involved in accident is it better or compulsory to send the ride to the PI workshop ?

Of course the PI would say your warranty void if you dont send it to them for regular service and repairs etc but what does warranty cover ?

Thanks !

↡ Advertisement

I only went twice to PI appointed workshop, after that, I went to ComfortDelGro for service.

As for warranty, it will be void and as for my Toyota, there should be no problem for spare parts, so I am not really worry.

But understand from some car website that it is not easy to claim warranty from PI and PI appointed workshop, they will make hell lot of excuse and blame you for the defects.

Guest Julio369
Neutral Newbie

For those PIs who are ex-2nd car dealer, their attitude really CMI.

you got to talk like "pai kia" with them then can settle issues.

Thanks for the reply. First encounter was when the car less then 1 year was sent into their workshop for 2nd service, a "team" of mechanic will swam into the car and tell you that oh the battery need to be replace etc... but is not cover under warranty. And also recommend dont know what super engine oil at premium price etc... whatever can be replaced they will recommend...walau eh , if you are a novice what you do ? The best part is when you bring your own engine oil to them, they will implement additional charge..hmmm.

I believe if they just do a professional job (easy right) then we wont be so nervouse when going there haha. Next time back to outside workshop liao.

If both the PI and workshop are reputable, then it'll be worthwhile to send to the appointed workshop so as to prevent any dispute. Otherwise, the warranty will be on "paper" only for those "black shops".

Once the warranty period is over, you can go anywhere which you are comfortable.

For me, I'll look for workshops that are competent in the particular car that I have once the warranty period is over.

↡ Advertisement