Trailers

Elfenstar

I've been searching high and low for info on these but there seems to be nothing. Does anyone the regulations on trailers such as these below???

05CarTrailer-7.jpg

05CarTrailer-1.jpg

cargo1.jpg

19sl_lg.jpg

Edited by Elfenstar
↡ Advertisement

[nod] If allowed they're cheaper than changing to a bigger commercial vehicle. Even passenger cars are designed to tow them. Thats what the towing weight in your car's owners manual refers to.

Anyway not all are big. The one i'm looking at is actually the third pic. Its only 1.2m wide and 1.5m long. Even a Kei car is both wider and longer [laugh] Unfortunately the pic is also small, so i had to find the other three [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

LTA has the exact regulations and design for such trailers.

Mostly signal lights and structural design to be certified, etc.

There are a few in Singapore, used mainly to transport scramblers bike to the Tuas dirt track. Check out Slackriders.

This is very common in Europe, America and Australia. Even bike has them! I've seen Goldwing pulling a small trailer in England [shocked]

If I'm not wrong you also need to take a new license for trailers here [:/]

I've towed a 20ft food trailer from melb to philip island for the motoGP. Its quite easy. Only thing is maneuvering for the bigger dual-axle and the tri axle ones which is tough if you're alone. The small one (which is abt double the size of the one i want in sg) was really easy to tow and maneuver.

I don't actually mind getting a new licence for one as long as i can use it.

I manufactured trailer. I have manufactured those trailers in the pictures but for Indonesia timber company. However, if want to make one for spore, need to ask PE to draw and let LTA approve. After that manufactured accordingly, send to inspection, register trailer no. and u can use it on the road. But do note that we cannot use our own car to haul such trailers.

If can chuck in the warehouse then parking should be easy. i suspect i may need to buy heavy vehicle lot... now that would be funny coz the trailer i'm looking at is smaller than a kancil [laugh]

Thanks for the info. What's PE and what kind of vehicles can tow them? Although i will be using a commercial vehicle, i'm just curious if a passenger car can tow them if the tow bar was factory fitted.

Also can it not be made, rather could i just buy one overseas with all the engineering docs and submit it to LTA for approval???

Edited by Elfenstar

Opps sorry, forget abt tat. PE stand for professional engineer. No, passenger vehicle cannot tow them even though with tow bar. LTA will not approve second hand or used trailers from oversea to be registered and use here. However if u buy a brand new one from oversea, u need to get all the necessary original documents of the trailers manufactured oversea, even trailers components such as fifth wheel, brake drum, axle, landing gear, etc have to be verified by original parts catalogue and documents. PE will den go and measure the trailer and draw out a new drawing of the trailer and submit to LTA for approval. If approve, den it can be registered and use here.