Do you think alighting point to be avaliable at MRT station?

Fddd

Do you think alighting point to be avaliable at MRT station?  

21 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes,definitely
    • Yes,if it does not obstruct traffic
    • No,it obstruct traffic

Neutral Newbie

Alway see taxi and cars stopping to alight or pick up passengers.

Was wondering if there is any proper alighting point for them instead of kana summon and demerit pts. Town council should built one for the citizen living in the estate using our $$$.Of cos, the bottom line is to not to obstruct traffic like an alighting bay.

↡ Advertisement

i vote no.

nowadays, they dun do hor, still ok.

they do hor, dunno how much road tax will b raised. somemore hor, i dun drop pple at mrt leh, so no point for me pay more lidat.

No.

1) Some moronic drivers will turn it into their parking lot waiting for their passengers who like to take their grandmother's own sweet time to arrive.

2) The govt will see it as a potential terrorist bombing target.

3) Desperate taxis will start to queue causing obstructions to everyone.

I hope u'r not picking up or dropping off some elephant or dinosaur. [:p][laugh]

It's best that when picking up someone he/she is already waiting for u and not the other way around.

i agree with you. especially point 1. this is already happening at Tanah Merah station.

there is a passenger pickup point right outside the station for about 3-4 cars. KNN, every day during peak hours at least 5 cars will be there waiting so left-most lane is always "closed". sometimes even tour buses stop there! [furious] most likely to alight passengers from ferry terminal. [rifle]

Edited by Ultramega

Well the tour buses are usually for those RSAF and Changi Naval Base guys who have no direct public transportation to reach their camps so its understandable to see a line of buses during peak hours.

For the cars waiting there, well i'm guilty of doing such things but i usually don't wait more than 10 mins becuase the main road is especially heavy with traffic during peak periods. An accident waiting to happen.

I think Toa Payoh MRT station outside should have one. Every now and then only one lane passable. Sometimes there are white ants hanging around to fine those who obstruct traffic. sigh. Is that the solution?? Somemore sometimes there is a orderly queue of passengers waiting for cabs, but the cabs cannot stop. dizzy.gifdizzy.gif

Anyone here knows for MRT waiting bay if you in the car, how long can you be in the car waiting before kanna Fine ?

Was inside my car and the LTA guy walk by and took a pic. Was a bit puzzle as he hide behind the lamp post from 5 to 8 Meters away to take the pic.

You crazy ah?

A nice waiting bay is a nice place to put a car filled with explosives to go off.

Terrorist obey parking laws ???

Terrorist obey parking laws ???

As a terrorist trained I would prefer :

1. A road with no kerb, so that I can mount the walkway, drive to the mall and hit the detonation button.

2. A sightseeing tour bus with open upper deck so that I can blow up my TNT and watch the tourist at top deck splattered with my shrapnel. 

3. Singapore woodlands immgration custom.

Twincharged

Anyone here knows for MRT waiting bay if you in the car, how long can you be in the car waiting before kanna Fine ?

Was inside my car and the LTA guy walk by and took a pic. Was a bit puzzle as he hide behind the lamp post from 5 to 8 Meters away to take the pic.

No waiting at all. You got to let off/pick up your passenger and goods and go off immediately. Once you stop there never move can get summon.

↡ Advertisement