Volvo XC60!!!

Comfy

In advance of its world debut at the Geneva Motor Show in early March, details have been released about the new Volvo XC60 crossover vehicle. We first heard about the Volvo XC60 in the buildup to its release as a concept vehicle at the NAIAS in January '07, when it was expected to have an optional 3.0-liter flex-fuel engine choice. This choice, which would have cut emissions by 80% does not appear to be in the cards for the first two years of the vehicle's production.

Buyers will be able to choose between three engines, including the turbocharged T6, which cranks out 281 horsepower. Other options include two different D5 turbodiesels, rated at 163 and 185 horsepower. The 163 hp 2.4-liter diesel is the only Euro5 compliant of the three.

Production of the compact premium SUV includes "intelligent safety systems" like City Safety, meant to assist the driver in avoiding low-speed impacts. The car automatically brakes if the driver does not react when closing in on a vehicle, at the very least reducing the effect of impact. This feature comes standard on the XC60, something Volvo claims is a first.

As a concept, the XC60 was meant to blaze a trail for future Volvos, with a bolder grille, a large logo badge, split tailgate, and a more noticeable rear. Volvo design director Steve Mattin clearly had this distinctiveness in mind, saying, "If you can recognise a Volvo from 50 metres today, I want to get to the point where people will be able to spot one from twice the distance in the future."

Now, over a year later, Mattin is still singing the same song.

post-3-1203534818_thumb.jpg

post-3-1203534819_thumb.jpg

post-3-1203534820_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Very nice! Will keep a lookout for it when it arrives in Singapore at the end of the year. By then my XC90 will be 3 years old, if the pricing is right, might just go for it.....though also very tempted by the V70 T6......

volvo realli sets the standard for safety and tough cars [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

but i still prefer the xc 90

if i realli got the marnie, i go for the armoured version of h1

when it comes here, it'll be better to get the 163bhp 2.4L Euro V diesel.

roadtax only $3000 a year compared to T6's $2150... but diesel wl give you much better FC and power should be quite the same.

Think 2.4 diesel road tax is 2400cc x $1.25(revised diesel tax) + 2.4litre petrol road tax. comes up to abt $4700 plus minus! My XC90 comes July 1st road tax will be abt $1823 p.a, based on my calculation of all the while road tax of $2332 x 0.92(8% off) x 0.85(15% off)..... T6 makes abt 3.0 litre turbo makes 285BHP/400NM. Road tax shld be abt $2385.....

Nope. i read the tax structure carefully again on one motoring. its only absolute capacity in cc x $1.25.

So, its worth looking at diesels now especially if you are considering high capacity petrol. The diff in roadtax is not so much but FC and fuel cost saved is enormous, now that crude oil price hit $101 per barrel yesterday. It wont be long before RON98 hit $2.25 per litre.

H1 drinks gasoline like water... i try H2 before... massive!! mean-looking... i like this XC60's tail lights a lot.. sexy..

Very nice! Will keep a lookout for it when it arrives in Singapore at the end of the year. By then my XC90 will be 3 years old, if the pricing is right, might just go for it.....though also very tempted by the V70 T6......

as what miles said, get the diesel and go for biodiesel!! cheaper to run, greener too... [;)]

Think I'm still correct. road tax plus special tax.....its the special tax instead of 4 times more, now revised to flat 1.25 times engine capacity. Also read it from Onemotoring.

its the absolute tax. not on top of petrol tax. absolute CC x $1.25, minimum road tax of $1250, means 1000cc.

dun forget you have OEM diesel pumps, where prices go up and DOWN according to oil prices, unlike fuel stations.

i think you are right. as per one motoring... its on top of petrol roadtax.

MIW not that generous afterall.

post-3-1203580672_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miles