Strut bar and anti-roll bar customization

Contax

Ok. Think all o us know that each side of a shock absorber tower got 3 bolt, usually.

Hence, if fitted with a strut bar onto only one of the bolt,does it help?

Cause I fitted a strut bar,but onto only one of the bolt, but felt handling better leh

Attached pics for better understanding, can see both car strut bar screwed to only a bolt instead of 2 or 3 bolt

post-31726-1234017766_thumb.jpg

post-31726-1234017780_thumb.jpg

Ok. Think all o us know that each side of a shock absorber tower got 3 bolt, usually.

Hence, if fitted with a strut bar onto only one of the bolt,does it help?

Cause I fitted a strut bar,but onto only one of the bolt, but felt handling better leh

Attached pics for better understanding, can see both car strut bar screwed to only a bolt instead of 2 or 3 bolt

basically is to stiffen the both struts.

to me , one bolt u put extra stress on the strut plates on top. might even lead to benting of the plates of the struts due to unevenness.

else way before time... why to pple design strut to both to all the screws of the struts? and not jus one?

cross braces yes , they are only 1 bolt. to me the whole top of the struts to be bolt on for more secure.

anyway definitly u feel more stiffness. but i dun think is good for the strut plates... esp u went high speed over uneven ground.

alot of struts , eg allutec, cusco, diff brands,etc depends on wat car u using .

mine JDM .. thus all jap brand find :) can even customised at fongkix..... etc...

*** unless ur car only have 1 bolt to tie on , then its bo bian lor.

Edited by Circuit

actually.. the strut bar's main function is to increase the rigidity of the chassis by reduce flexing of the strut towers, and allow the car to maintain its suspension geometry under hard cornering conditions.

That design seems not very ideal in that one bolt has to support the entire load, instead of spreading it out evenly on 2,3 or 4 bolts. Worse case is the bending of the strut bolt?

unless there are space constraints, don't see why the choice for 1 bolt kind. Where is this Ultra Racing from anyway? [:/]

My car,toyota sienta, quite hard to find strut bar, so got this from JB.

since 2 fellow said so, will monitor the situation

Edited by Kungfu

To me I prefer a strut bar with adjustable load otherwise it is as good as just cosmetics. Meaning I can tighten the tension, thru the use of screw threads, using a spanner.

If you really wanna improve the handling it's better to change the anti-roll bar to something thicker.

We have good quality products and competive price for you.

Did any one need?pls contact me.

I think you need to register yourself as a sponsor or advertiser in this forum.

↡ Advertisement