Picnic's ABS lights up. Urgent?

Friendstar

Hey bros...

my servicing is next month.

However, today when i started my engine, the picnic's ABS light is hard on while driving.

i guess something's wrong.

Need to take immediate action or just relax jack till my servicing?

↡ Advertisement

What does it say on your user manual? Better have it checked if it concerns safety. If u worry about going back and forth to the workshop dan do an early servicing at the same time.

If I'm not wrong, the car's computer will disable ABS if it detects any faults during the self-check which means you now have no ABS.

It could be a sensor or brake cylinder issue, its best to bring it back to the agent asap and have them pull out the error code to determine cause.

Possible causes

a) Low or very dirty brake fluid

b) Brake fluid master cylinder reserviour cover/cap not seating properly

c) safety belt switch not activated /faulty

d) ABS module faulty or req resetting to default

i second hamburger's post.

if ur picnic still under warranty, best to go back borneo. this shd be rectified FOC unless u mod ur brakes then i dunno liao [lipsrsealed]

borneo is really dragging its feet over my dad's thai camry steering system. few MONTHS since it was last reported but the parts still not in.

even slower than Komoco which took one month plus to indent my a/c compressor (very rare part meh?). [thumbsdown]

i guess by this incident, can say komoco much better than borneo [rolleyes][rolleyes]

if no warranty, then i think u shd ask ur trusted WS. this kind of thing i'm sure they can direct you somewhere even if they cannot rectify for u

low brake fluid i believe the hand brake light will come on instead? correct me if i'm wrong [:p]

anyway, to TS, i suggest to do an ABS test on wet MSCP surface. be careful of course [dead]

one gd way of testing ABS is wait for a rainy day n when e MSCP is wet. 20km/h is gd enuh to activate it on e cement floor. do try steer abit to c if ur car follows ur steering direction when ABS kicks in. really, is quite fun [nod] BUT pls keep it at a low speed [:p]

i tested my dad's ABS on normal roads. actually was unintentional. cos got red light camera [lipsrsealed]

but i did check my behind clear first before happily stomping on the brake [flowerface].

even if i claim the poor bugger behind me, i think not worth the trouble compared to beating the red light [:p]

actually i read in the manual, ABS is activated above certain speed. any idea that that speed is?

any warning light lighted is potentially very dangerous.

nobody here is good enough to tell you the real impact on the ABS light lighted.

so for your own sake, your family sake and the rest of the road users, please sent it for servicing ASAP.

you do not want to go to one corner and regret over why you did not sent it for servicing before the accident happens.

I've had something similar on a car I owned overseas.

Dunno if actually same as you or not, but ABS light was on continuously.

Garage said very expensive to correct.

Don't remember full details.

Garage said there was an alternative which was to disconnect the ABS completely and brakes would still work but no ABS.

I'm not putting this forward as a solution you should adopt.

wat car was that may i ask ?

was it old?

What does it say on your user manual? Better have it checked if it concerns safety. If u worry about going back and forth to the workshop dan do an early servicing at the same time.

yep yep

early servicing

i'm booking now [sunny]

its super irritating to have the light on.

its like so uncalled for.. sianness

Actually, I think the brakes will still work even without ABS, so I think you can still drive as per normal but have to be careful during wet weather. And also try to get this fixed asap.

Ask someone to check if brake light is On when step on. If no lights means the brake switch spoil need to change.

My Ex-G9 had once showed (can't remember which light) the moment eng start and found the brake switch no contact brake light could not on when step on brake.

DIY changed (sw cost $30+ from BM)

When ABS light is on, in every other brand of vehicle, the ABS is disabled. Your brakes would work but no ABS intervention in case of wet or slippery road or when you really need to prevent sliding into crash with your wheels lock in an emergency situation.

My suggestion, drive carefully till you get the workshop to fix the problem. The cause of the light up could be anything ranging from a faulty sensor, loose connection, a technical fault which the computer deemed serious enough to disable the ABS or a more major problem from the brake modulator ! Now, this is the most expensive gizmo on the ABS in the vehicle because the actuator, pump & computer is located here and it is usually an assembly which is not serviceable ( in most brands ).

Take care and drive safe till you get to the workshop....soon I hope.

Cheers

hey there!!

I went to BM, according to them, the donno what abs pump is faulty.

i asked to replace the pump only they said cannot... must change the WHOLE abs system.

WHOPPING $2.5k!!!!!!

no more warranty cos more than 3 years.

Dilemma, please advice....

↡ Advertisement