GTi Golf - Why so many for sale at SGCarMart

Cbx750p

(edited)

Was wondering why there are so many Golf GTi for sale lately.... [rolleyes] I was thinking that probably because fuel prices have been high lately so people are trading in their fast cars for more economical models.

Then when I was checking one of the units out ( hoping to find one cheap enough ) then I realise why people are selling their GTi....

The consumption is overwhelming....at 49.9 litre/100km or 2 km/litre [shocked] . Guess that that is at a spirited ride session but wahpei-ehh....sepai jiak lak ! How to tahan this kind of consumption ???

I put off the idea of ever getting a car like this !

GTI_Golf_Consumption.jpg

Edited by Cbx750p
↡ Advertisement

Don't take the fuel consumption reading seriously. It's impossible that the Golf has that type of fuel economy.

What the owner or car dealer did was probably reset the fuel consumption meter just before taking this picture. They hardly drove the car and hence there is not enough time for the computer to accurately calculate the consumption yet. For my past 2 cars, whenever I reset the fuel consumption meter, it takes about 1/2 hour of driving before the readout is fairly close to what it's supposed to be.

Prior to that, they will have that type of reading.

(edited)

That means, you drive to Jurong from changi, just about enuf gas to return leh.. cannot be lah.. unless its some supercars at full throttle.

Edited by Chrispie

(edited)

You are probably right about this. The dealer did a reset of the fuel consumption and then took it out for a good spin. Given the short distance and fierce driving during this time, it is probably correct that the computer got that kind of fuel consumption figures.

Anyway, the dealer did not do justice to the vehicle by showing this picture. It sure frighten the $hit of out me !

Edited by Cbx750p

not even near GTR. in fact even worse than the DB9 Aston Martin which is recording abt 4km/L.

GTI FC cannot possibly be tat high.

Looks like doctor is in leh.

The shape of the '4' at 49.9l/km looks wierd, and is different from the 4 at the bottom right '45.0' trip reading.

Just my guess lah.

if you owned a VW, Skoda, Seat or Audi before, you will know why the trip computer's FC reading is like this.

There are 2 modes in the trip computer for the car. one is accumulated, and one is immediate.

The immediate FC reading is reflective of the current situation. Meaning if you turn on the ignition, and leave the car idling for about 5-10 mins, your FC reading will be very very high.

Hypersonic
Don't take the fuel consumption reading seriously. It's impossible that the Golf has that type of fuel economy.

What the owner or car dealer did was probably reset the fuel consumption meter just before taking this picture. They hardly drove the car and hence there is not enough time for the computer to accurately calculate the consumption yet. For my past 2 cars, whenever I reset the fuel consumption meter, it takes about 1/2 hour of driving before the readout is fairly close to what it's supposed to be.

Prior to that, they will have that type of reading.

Yes agress with that. Most probably the fc meter reset, engine idling for a long time.

Turbocharged

Like one of the forumer mentioned, most VAG cars reading start off like this. If you start the car for the 1st time, the avg fuel consumption will show 99.9l/100km which is normal. Only after you've gradually driven for sometime, then the true FC will be shown

Neutral Newbie

Hi, my FC is avg about 10-11km/L (over 20mths). I travel 70%highway. Quite heavy footed at times. Tuned ride too. I'm really happy with this FC. U

Neutral Newbie
Hi, my FC is avg about 10-11km/L (over 20mths). I travel 70%highway. Quite heavy footed at times. Tuned ride too. I'm really happy with this FC. U

This is very good consumption considering twin-charge GTi.

I don't even reach this good FC for my 2.0L NA car.

Neutral Newbie

Got many GTi on sale meh?

Only 4 last count on SG Carmart.

Eventually there will be MANY GTi on Sgcarmart simply b/c there are soo many GTi on the road today.

Like one of the forumer mentioned, most VAG cars reading start off like this. If you start the car for the 1st time, the avg fuel consumption will show 99.9l/100km which is normal. Only after you've gradually driven for sometime, then the true FC will be shown

I think it should read --- because it will only start computing once you drive cross the one km mark.

↡ Advertisement