Comparing MArkX vs Nissan Skyline

Dlar2

Neutral Newbie

Both at about S$90k range.

What is the main difference?

Anyone got the specs?

↡ Advertisement

i dun think so skyline cost ONLY around 90K leh... [:/] unless u talking about used one [:p] or you are taking cash rebate, if i m not wrong, it cost about 110K from PI [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

I saw on papaers S$93.8k, maybe it is after rebate, I don't know

But what is the spec different between MarkX and Skyline??

Neutral Newbie

The steering buttons look plasticky, dashb ok niah. IMO, Mark X interior looks better.

The exterior and performance looks good though.

Neutral Newbie

Ha...ha...Don't know whether choon anot? My friend told me someone who bought 1 here is saying that his full tank can get 1000km in normal daily driving traffic.That's FANTASTIC man! It's called the Infiniti G35 in the US.Was there in Jan this year.It's a real beauty. [thumbsup]

(edited)

bro,

the test was done in japan in real world driving environment including peak hour traffic

Nissan Skyline manages 38mpg in real world driving

Posted Mar 27th 2007 2:16PM by Sam Abuelsamid

Filed under: MPG, Nissan

The Infiniti G35 is marketed in Japan as the Nissan Skyline where it's available with other engine options besides the 3.5L V-6. One of the other options is a 2.5L version of the V-6 rated at 225hp and 194lb-ft of torque. A team of development engineers from the company recently wanted to demonstrate the fuel economy of that combination and set out on a real world drive between Nissan's Tochigi assembly plant and drove through Kyoto and to their destination at the Nissan Technical Center in Atsugi. The run took 17.5 hours and covered 636.5 miles on a single tank of gas at a rate of 38.3 mpg. Not bad for a rear wheel drive sport sedan and considerably better than I've been seeing in a similarly-sized hybrid the past few days, about which you'll hear more next week.

[source: Nissan]

NEW NISSAN SKYLINE HITS 1,000KM ON ONE TANK OF FUEL

- Skyline's V6 engine combines fuel efficiency with high-performance driving -

TOKYO (March 23, 2007) -- Nissan engineers set out to prove a point - that the new Skyline sedan could go 1,000 kilometers on one tank of fuel. The challenge - that this would be accomplished on real roads with unpredictable traffic and weather conditions and with different drivers. The so-called 'eco-driving challenge was conducted by a team of product development experts on the roads from Tochigi to Kanagawa. The 2.5-liter Skyline model driven was powered by the VQ25HR V6 engine, capable of generating 225 horsepower and 26.8kgm of torque.

The team succeeded in covering a impressive distance of 1,024.4 kilometers with an average fuel consumption rate of 16.3km-per-liter. The main objective of the eco-driving challenge was to promote greater awareness of Nissan's advanced fuel-economy technology as well as demonstrate the efficiency of the new VQ engine under real-world driving conditions.

The 1,000km drive took place on Friday, March 16, 2007, with a team of eight test-drivers under the Nissan Performance Innovation Task Team (PITT). The team started the drive from the test course at Nissan's Tochigi Plant at 3:30a.m. under pre-dawn skies. The Skyline drove through the Tohoku Expressway, Tomei Expressway, and Meishin Expressway with Kyoto as the turnaround point, and arrived safely at the finish line at the Nissan Technical Center in Atsugi at 8.54p.m., nearly 17.5 hours later on the same day.

The team experienced a variety of driving conditions including traffic jams from rush-hour congestion and construction-works, but the automatic fuel-warning alert never activated throughout the 1000km drive.

Introduced in November, 2006, the new Skyline delivers a unique fusion of high-performance, styling and comfort in an advanced sports sedan.

*The Nissan Technical Center (Okatsukoku, Atsugi-shi, Kanagawa Prefecture) is Nissan's primary center for research and development in product development and manufacturing technologies.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/03/27/ni...-world-driving/

Edited by Fluffy

(edited)

nope, in real world:

TOKYO (March 23, 2007) -- Nissan engineers set out to prove a point - that the new Skyline sedan could go 1,000 kilometers on one tank of fuel. The challenge - that this would be accomplished on real roads with unpredictable traffic and weather conditions and with different drivers. The so-called 'eco-driving challenge was conducted by a team of product development experts on the roads from Tochigi to Kanagawa. The 2.5-liter Skyline model driven was powered by the VQ25HR V6 engine, capable of generating 225 horsepower and 26.8kgm of torque.

The team succeeded in covering an impressive distance of 1,024.4 kilometers with an average fuel consumption rate of 16.3km-per-liter. The main objective of the eco-driving challenge was to promote greater awareness of Nissan's advanced fuel-economy technology as well as demonstrate the efficiency of the new VQ engine under real-world driving conditions.

The 1,000km drive took place on Friday, March 16, 2007, with a team of eight test-drivers under the Nissan Performance Innovation Task Team (PITT). The team started the drive from the test course at Nissan's Tochigi Plant at 3:30a.m. under pre-dawn skies. The Skyline drove through the Tohoku Expressway, Tomei Expressway, and Meishin Expressway with Kyoto as the turnaround point, and arrived safely at the finish line at the Nissan Technical Center in Atsugi at 8.54p.m., nearly 17.5 hours later on the same day.

The team experienced a variety of driving conditions including traffic jams from rush-hour congestion and construction-works, but the automatic fuel-warning alert never activated throughout the 1000km drive.

Introduced in November, 2006, the new Skyline delivers a unique fusion of high-performance, styling and comfort in an advanced sports sedan. The Nissan Technical Center (Okatsukoku, Atsugi-shi, Kanagawa Prefecture) is Nissan's primary center for research and development in product development and manufacturing technologies.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/03/nissa...miles-with.html

Edited by Fluffy

i read the whole report. majority of the roads are expressway, if you read the route. and they started at 3.30am.

try real world driving in singapore 5.30pm from Tuas take AYE(Keppel) ---> CTE(SLE) ---> PIE(Changi) see what mileage you get. expressway hor?

Ha...ha...Don't know whether choon anot? My friend told me someone who bought 1 here is saying that his full tank can get 1000km in normal daily driving traffic.That's FANTASTIC man! It's called the Infiniti G35 in the US.Was there in Jan this year.It's a real beauty. [thumbsup]
how bug is the fuel tank? sekali 100L [laugh]
↡ Advertisement