How Come SG never bring in Mitsubishi Eclipse Coupe ???

Alveron2001

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Wonder why SG doesn't have Mitsubishi Eclipse ? Price should be close to that of a Hyundai Coupe (Tuscani).

Car may not be great in terms of engine specs & power. But the body design sure looks beautiful....

Currently in 4th Gen. 5th Gen coming out next year.

Looks 10x better than Lancer EX....

Looks better than any EVO (my opinion only hor....)

Maybe they should keep that chasis and throw in the EVO system....

MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE 4th GEN 2005-2008

post-2-1211786096_thumb.jpg

post-2-1211786097_thumb.jpg

post-2-1211786098_thumb.jpg

post-2-1211786099_thumb.jpg

post-2-1211786100_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alveron2001
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Simple - It was always at best - a 3 door Hatch if not a cabrio.

This is Singapore leh - People here are allergic to anything with less then 4 normal doors and a boot (even if the boot is sometimes smaller then a hatchback boot, never mind - got boot safer!

Neutral Newbie

In general you are right.... But look at Hyundai Tuscani. Also a 2 door coupe. But there are quite a lot on the road eh ? Sales has been quite good. It's just a matter of price hitting the sweet spot...

If selling for $160K like 350Z, then sales will be slow.

But if selling at $80-90K like Tuscani... Then you'll have lots of people willing to buy it just on looks.

Neutral Newbie

Right hand- Left hand..... not so hard to switch lar.... Think it's selling in Taiwan, Canada....etc....

Dunno what Mitsubishi is thinking....

My guess is that this is US-Designed model, not from Mitsubishi Japan HQ... Hence only allowed for local release in US. Japan HQ pride at stake....

Much like Burger King's Mushroom & Swiss and Rendang Burger is for SG sales only.

the ecilpse has fizzled out on sales volume. hardly bring a heartbeat in usa.

probably will doom like the aussie designed V8 engine.

main biz focus is on lancer + outlander in usa, china, india and a j.v. with peugot in russia.

Neutral Newbie

I guess US has too many choices. But SG really has very few options on affordable coupes....

What other besides Tuscani is below 100K ?

Didn't know that Eclipse is not doing well... 5th Gen already leh... plus new model coming out next year....

IMO it's tat MMC culture, always hitting hard to score a goal in the wrong places (niche markets, wagons and cabriolets). some1 in their mgmt has a fetish for cabriolet. apart fr tat, they hv tried testing out the american market with it... gg on a niche. like throwing punches in the air and hoping for a hit. shakehead.gif

although this is a homebred eclipse, it is still not a dodge or ford to the particular group of consumers, as the american brand = more powerful engine. even peugot and hyundai r having tough time pushing in such models.. again perceived as pretty dandy rides but i'm still gg for a ford.

if they hv been badged differently, there may b hope.

MMC sud get more serious to match large sedans like camry, in the main market. The grandis deserve a face lift, remodel door slides, etc, throw in turbo and it has big potential in the chinese market.

coz its left hand drive....if its possible to bring left hand drive cars over, i would go for a classic mustang,or 61'chevrolet impala ss, or 68'chevrolet camaro [nosebleed]

Neutral Newbie

From what I read, eclipse is a front wheel drive n doesn't have fantastic performance. (correct me, if i'm wrong). A jdm itr is easily more bang for bang, with power and appearance.

Evo 9 appearance not bad leh. May be exo x does appeal to everyone. Mit evos somehow has that muscular look. Comparing the eclipse and the GTO, I think the GTO looks better and deserves a return. [idea]