The new Citroen C5 is out

Firstcall

wat no 6 speed? the pictures really dun do justice for the car. saw it at suntec and hafta say its a damn beautiful looking sedan.

(edited)

Test drove the 3L version, booking full till Dec delivery. Only 10 units brought in each month. You can put 5k for advance booking and it's refundable if not satisfied when you test drive the 2L version. Based on my views, it's not worth buying if you want prestige and power. Buy it if you like the looks and electronic stuffs.

Cons

Lacks power and steering too damn light.(Although the SE says it will becomes heavier with increase of speed)

Signal abit far from steering wheel making hard to signal.(Good for those who don't signal)

Lack of gps was a letdown.

Pros

Looks - both exterior and interior.

All round proximity sensor.

Trust the french to make cars that looks nice but don't work exactly like you want it to.

Edited by Asd78

wow full till dec? 10per mth? meaning they got abt 50 orders? not bad indeed for Citroen brand.

did u say u test drove 3L yet still underpowered? or u were referring to 2L?

4spd auto in 2L is a stupid insult to a buyer's intelligence and market competition.b

There will be a cabrio version called the Airscape. Superbly beautiful.

(edited)

It was the 3L NZ specs C5 that I test drove. Maybe it's just me but I feel that the pickup is not that responsive as expected of a 3L car.

Was told booking full till Dec by the SE coz they were only allocated 10 cars/mth, how true I dunno. They will be bringing the 2L ver test drive car in mid Jul i thk...but to me there's no point since I find even the 3L car underpowered.

Edited by Asd78

(edited)

shd show the interior shots.. it look even better..

but at that price range with the 4sp gear box.. I think there's better choice.. [:/]

sigh.. how disappointing [smallcry]

post-3-1214732161_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sony

indeed, pity PSA doesnt spend much at all on petrol engines and gearboxes

and local CNC isnt doing much either in terms of aftersales support and service centre standards

the 2 muches above are understatements, need really big magnifying glass actually

If I'm not wrong, the 3L comes with 6speed and 2L is 4speed....so I'm not sure how 4speed is more responsive than 6speed...anyway try it for yourself...as I said, diff ppl have diff expectations...

I believe C&C did a good job in putting more Citroens on the road, especially since i have been seeing more and more C4s. Previously you could get 4D numbers on the rare sightings..laugh.gifsweatdrop.gif

agree... it's a geek car.. guess not many s'porean are keen to try things out.. they still prefer their no frills japz car..