Proton Waja Campro CPS

Bankai87

(edited)

this is sort of like, old news?

anyway, i dun think any PI will want to do Malaysian brands, perhaps you want to self import. but going by the self import document, it's a lengthy and troublesome process. i did consider self importing the Myvi SE before.. But the thought of going through all the procedures.. hur.gif

Perhaps our resident self importer Porker can do up a tutorial on self importing?

*paging for Porker*

Edited by Beehive3783

nothing amazing abt 125hp la.

antique EG civics already hitting that kind of figure.

there are many 1.5NA or 1.6NA hitting in excess of 120hp

but does these EG 125hp civic pass the current emission test?

That is why the current JDM type R is so amazing.

I would say for a relatively young car maker, Proton has done well enough to make their own engine which churns out 125 horses. Of course, that figure will definitely go up if their Cam Profiling technology is a success, but currently, it's nothing but a farce.

Most of the jap 1.5-1.6L makes on sale now are still pushing out well below 125bhp. [:/]

But gotta see the torque curve of the Campro CPS first. Seems quite promising.

nothing amazing abt 125hp la.

antique EG civics already hitting that kind of figure.

there are many 1.5NA or 1.6NA hitting in excess of 120hp

So how many is your "many" NA here compare with all the 1.5 to 1.6NA cars in the showrooms [sly]?

Regards

I would say for a relatively young car maker, Proton has done well enough to make their own engine which churns out 125 horses. Of course, that figure will definitely go up if their Cam Profiling technology is a success, but currently, it's nothing but a farce.

I know kinda of strange but in Taiwan, there was a car magazine that wrote a review and compare the Gen 2 side by side with a Ford Focus 1.8L! In Taiwan, there is a following of Proton cars you know [gossip]. Down there, Gen 2 is advertised to have speed exceeding 215Km/h too [:p].

Regards,

Yes i know of that.. in fact the accessories for Proton over there are much nice than those in Malaysia..

If not for the sucky build quality, I would have seriously considered a Proton..

Heard that the CPS in the new Waja is different from those Neo and Gen2 one,They tweak it to make the car faster in acceleration especially for the second batch.For newer cars its advisable to get 2nd batch as it improved over the first one..Just my 2 cent worth [thumbsup] Pity it doesnt make it here.

the reason why proton singapore dun wan to import this model is its poor sales...the same engine can be found in the EXORA MPV...

actually the Waja model is pretty decently build...the last time they sold it here, it also came with tonnes of features such as cruise control, audio control, leather seats, alloy rims...but they also sold it pretty expensively...people walk straight to korean showroom...

As for the Gen-2, i tested it 4yrs ago, or when it was first launched...the engine tuned more sporty, so you have to rev the nuts out of it just to move...(auto version tested)...the interior was pretty cramp and cheaply made though...but things have improved now...

they can offer the Japanese a run for their money...but the Koreans are the market leader now, so nobody with the right mind would go for Malaysian... [knife][furious]

Neutral Newbie

the first badge of proton waja using mitsubishi 4g18, the perfomance is not bad...i once pushing it till 200km/h and the car is still stable and still can be push further...overall waja is a good car to own if u want a budget ride as its fuel consumption is amazing...way much better than toyota vios..its fuel tank can last at least 700km..once i drove from gelang patah full tank and drive up to tergganu,pahang i don,t need refuel my fuel tank until we coming back to spore,i stop at pagoh to refuel as the warning fuel sign just light up...its really save to own this car...btw now my uncle is using this car as he want to replace from me..he was interested with the fuel consumption...cheerss :D

indeed...i sat in proton many times but frankly...the engine is good ok but the body suck big time...after some years...the body like coming apart...this is something they must fix....

↡ Advertisement