Getting a used Saab 9-5 2.3 TS Aero

Bulls_is_back

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2IaRz5o2-1067.html

Wonder if this is a good deal for short term 2-3year drive?

Things to consider ...

a)regular servicing cost - service manual / stockist?

b)100k km service - replacement all of major wear and tear parts (is there a list? how much will that cost?)

c)outside workshop - I understand that there is one reliable one at Pandan Loop - is it still around?

d)history ... is this that monk -> sgdude Aero?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

personally i find buying cars approaching the 5-year mark rather risky as export may no longer be an option and all's left is the paper value which is never fantastic.

the only friend i know who used to drive a saab told me that's his first and last saab.

such makes usually can nego quite a bit, if you can get more than 5k off the list price why not. at 60 plus it would be a steal. and the savings can go to the maintenance issues.

If you like and can afford, then consider. If you ask in this forum, definitely you will hear more against than encouragement for cars like SAAB. Maybe it is better to check with SAAB owners in SAAB forum if they are happy with their choice.

Hmm auto ... from the gear area, doesn't look like it has manual override ... sweatdrop.gif May want to ask for a test drive to see if u like it.

Things to consider ...

b)100k km service - replacement all of major wear and tear parts (is there a list? how much will that cost?)

c)outside workshop - I understand that there is one reliable one at Pandan Loop - is it still around?

Thanks

Do what your heart tells you.

Neutral Newbie

Aero is the top end of the Saab cars

It has a very great potential to goes >> 280bhp with Hirsch and any others tuner in the market cool.gif

So if you like fast car, it's a good car and a SAFE car to drive inlove.gif

You could call TE to check the history of the car to ensure it's been well serviced

Yes still ard - Ang Kah Hoe

There's another one @ Sin Ming - Griffin

Cheers sunny.gif

Things to consider ...

Thanks

If not wrong, the workshop is ANGKAH HOE, very famous for doing SAAB cars [thumbsup] I think he is still there, not too sure. He was a SAAB mechanic even way before TransEurokar took over the distributorship. I used to be a young boy when I first met him as my father's 1st euro car was a SAAB 900i sedan and he would only look for Ah Hoe to fix his car. Ah Hoe was a young man then, now in his late 40's? very pleasant and always like to joke with my father [laugh][laugh] He made my old man happy [:)]

Turbocharged

Like somebody mentioned, if can knocked off the price a bit, shld be a blast to drive. Shld be well within your $10K per year dep........ 2.3T AREO, if not mistaken its top of the line at that time.

Neutral Newbie

[reply]

Great ... maybe go check out the shop about price for 100k servicing.

No worries cool.gif

Hope it will in your decision making thumbsup.gif

Cheers sunny.gif

↡ Advertisement