New soft buff 2.0 pads from Meguair's

Garlic

Spotted these while shopping for new pads, backing and adhesive has been improved.

They seem to be machine washable now.

Has anyone tried them? Not too sure if foam compound has been changed, the finishing pad is now black in colour.

Pics taken from http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155

W7207_CuttingPad.jpg

W9207_FinishingPad.jpg

W8207_PolishingPad.jpg

Edited by Garlic
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

The "Professional" and "Detailer" range are only available from Hypercoat, you might want to give them a ring, might not be in yet as it was just launched last month.

Don't know the price but judging from several online stores, I assuming it will be slightly more expensive than the original soft buff series.

Edited by Garlic

Hmmm, the new pads are also slightly bigger at 7" vs 6.5" of the old.

Read that its fully compatible with So1o's backing plate.

The size is also a concern to me. 7" is rather big, prefer 5.5-6". Anyway, you should try the edge pads, works very well on my flex, once my current stock of velcro pads runs out, I will convert all to edge pads.

Neutral Newbie

Hey bro, just a caution when you use Edge 2000 pads with a DA. Be more careful when you come to uneven and curve surface.

(edited)

Thanks for the heads-up, the quick snap system looks interesting.

Decided to get another backing plate for 4" to 5" pads, corners and curved surfaces are a nightmare with the original 9227 backing plate and 6.5" pads, almost took a chunk of paint off my door handle. [sweatdrop]

Edited by Garlic

"Hey bro, just a caution when you use Edge 2000 pads with a DA. Be more careful when you come to uneven and curve surface. "

----

Is it b'cos of pad design?

Neutral Newbie

Yup, something to do with the pad design. When we use a DA machine, we tends to press down harder to remove paint defects as compare to using a rotary. So when it comes to curvy or uneven surface, the hole in the centre of the Edge 2000 pad can be quite dangerous if you are not careful.

Edited by Gen2

Thanks for the caution bro, I have yet to experience any prob with the e2k pads as I have just started on them quite recently, u can bet i will always remind myself what u mentioned each and every time i use the e2k pads. Cheers!!

Edited by Coltagious

Neutral Newbie

No problem bro, you are welcome [;)] . I actually learned the hard way twice [sweatdrop] . I believe the Flex will operate much smoother using the Edge2k system and also using the Edge2k on the cyclo is so much easier too [thumbsup] .

↡ Advertisement