Anyone driving Subaru Legacy 2.0R here ?

Darth_mel

Drove a courtesy 4yrs old Legacy (SFE plate) for a week last month, due to car sent to workshop.

That Legacy have a total milleage of 98K.

But to my surprise for 2 tanks of petrol,F.C abt 12.5km/L [shocked]

Veri impressive for a 2L, 4 years old stock rental car and I personally feel that this car is under-rated in local market.

Neutral Newbie

FC is around 10-12lm/liter is tyre is maintained on good condition. Maintenance wise no problem..since my 2.5 yrs old Legacy 2.0R so far so good..quite a reliable car. But Petrol must use 97 or 98 octane and above...so might burn yr pocket a bit.

i see differing specs posted on the 2.0R. Might be confused with the 2.0I. Is it 4 or 5 spd auto ? What's the bhp and is the latest model on sale the same as the 2.0R?

Neutral Newbie

2.0R - 177bhp 199NM torque twin exos avg 10-11km/L 50-50% hwy-city

good drive but slow off the line but boxer note is [thumbsup]

easy maintenance same as any jap car 10k service.

er...that's why i say its confusing. Motorimage website states the 2.0R's bhp to be 150 and torque 196Nm. That's for the S'pore version. For some other countries e.g. phillipines it's 165bhp. UK version also 150bhp.

Neutral Newbie

end of the day be it 150, 165 or 177 bhp... u cannot really feel it. [;)]

just go for a test drive and judge for urself... power to weight ratio is more impt than pwr alone.

its quite a heavy car. [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

maintenance wise, since its awd, you got the differential oil to change in addition to the normal oils.

cos of boxer config, the spark plugs aren't on top of manifold but somewhere hidden inside... but that's the mechanic's problem tongue.gif

and as it is awd, power on wheels is lower, and higher fc.

but if you cruise mostly on highway and don't 'loot', you should get good fc.

one (not-so) example, my lgt is getting about 9.6l/100km (or about 10km/l) if i travel 80% highway at 70kmh (on kpe lah...)

previously, i was going through jams @ serangoon (80% city), i was getting about 14l/100km (or 7km/l) sweatdrop.gif

anyway, on the 2.0r, the fc should be even better.

if u are looking to hear the boxer note, imho, i can't hear.. you would hear that from the imprezas instead.

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Are you driving a new subaru legacy 2.0I?

Is the power ok cos i try this car it seems that the power is not good. Any suggestion?

Hi

Are you driving a new subaru legacy 2.0I?

Is the power ok cos i try this car it seems that the power is not good. Any suggestion?

car is heavy and bulky, new model doesn't drive like the old model.

Neutral Newbie

As compare to honda civic 2.0, which is better in terms of driving feel?

u r comparing apple to banna... civic is fr while legacy is awd. road handling legacy way ahead.

civics has a reputation for bengs while legacys is a gentlemen car... stealth mode ON!

however downside is maintanence more ex. engine oil 5liters instead of other jap cars 4liters.

additional oil required such as rear differential oil.

FC much higher compared to civics.. (in my case.. i do abt 6-7km/l)

oh lastly legacy sure win in terms of driving feel cos: before i even bought my first legacy(now i am in my 2nd legacy) i asked a friend(u know who u r if u come read this) which car would u even bother to look a second time legacy or integra, his reply legacy! based on tat and plus looking at the types of cars on the road i dare say legacy is not common and hence when people look at ur legacy ur driving feel sure better! hahah

end of the day buy a car that u feel good in both driving and looking at it!

MY OWN OPINION!

Neutral Newbie

The previous generation of the Subaru Legacy is actually much sportier than the current one...

[:)]

yup i am driving the 2006 pre fl version.

IMO even the fl version CMI cos the tail lights shrink and with some addition "hole"/ vents to the bumper it makes it look sooo ugly.

with the 2010 version, lagi worse! no frameless windows.. bulky.. yucky.... but then again it is changing its target market.... hmm... ..

yup i am driving the 2006 pre fl version.

IMO even the fl version CMI cos the tail lights shrink and with some addition "hole"/ vents to the bumper it makes it look sooo ugly.

with the 2010 version, lagi worse! no frameless windows.. bulky.. yucky.... but then again it is changing its target market.... hmm... ..

Yea, last time one of the reason why i like Subaru (cos that time dunnoe anything abt cars)....

Is becos of its design....Like the previous impreza, Legacy.....Cos they got framless door as well...

No, its kinda disappointing though..... -_-

As compare to honda civic 2.0, which is better in terms of driving feel?

They are of different class all together.

Legacy should be compared with Honda Accord. Legacy has always been built smaller than its peers of the same class.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement