Lady Cyclist Performed Drifting on Nicoll Highway and on Main Road

Topgann2003

Managed to record this interesting scene. I saw this lady cyclist on Nicoll Highway towards City direction on Thursady morning. The way she rode was very unstable. For a moment I was wonderig if bicycles are allowed on highway but what a heck...

While I turned right at the Nicoll Highway and Middle Road junction, you could see that she performed a "drift" and suddenly cut into my way. Fortunately I anticipated her move and slowly moved behind her.

Then while I was on Seah Street and about to North Bridge Road and while I was queuing behind a Comfort taxi, what happend later was even more amazing. She rode past my car from the right and drifted into the North Bridge Road (view partially blocked by the taxi in front of me) into the busy traffic. You could see a while car and another grey car dashed past and nearly bumped into her. I could even hear a loud horn, probably from the white car. What an interesting morning...

Edited by Topgann2003
↡ Advertisement

Mm Zai Si. I do not mind they cycle on road, but sometime cyclist can be quite irritating when they are in group whereby they made the busy road even slower. For goodness sake, she is not riding tho. Haizz

If you can't deal with behaviour like that you should take the bus.

This is ONE cyclist.

Wait until you drive in JB or worse still Penang. 10 or more motorcyclists will be weaving around you continuously and in their own seemingly random patterns.

For a bit of practice drive up and down Serangoon Road on Sunday night. Don't worry, the chaos there is mostly from pedestrians. They won't scratch your car if you hit them, unlike a bicycle or motorcycle.

I watched the video and didn't see anything wrong with her. She was turning right and of course she had to keep on the right lane. She was on the left of the two turn right lanes and she kept to the left immediately after turning right. That is a double turn right lane turning into a three lanes road. The right lane should turn into the right most lane and the left turn right lane should turn into the centre lane. That is what they teach in highway code. I could see you turn immediately into the left most lane after you turned right.

Some cyclists are not drivers or riders so they may not know highway code well. I'm not siding them because not all of them or us, drivers are faultless.

Nicoll Highway is not a Highway (Expressway) and bicycles are part of road users allowed on the road.

Cyclist ride on walkways ppl complain, cyclist ride on roads ppl also complain...

And when i see the video, I was wondering what on earth are u complaining about....

TS is mountain tortoise.

Never drive in India, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia like you. JB also never go. Maybe Serangoon Road on Sunday also never try.

Little bit of disorder only cannot sleep.

She could have ridden better...but I don't see a major problem. Just have to treat cyclist like motorcyclist. Actually, I find car owner don't give much respect to motorist, by not giving them enough space, forcing them out of the lane, tailgate them, etc....

From the vid....I didn't how she ride as if she owns the road, tho I do think that there is surely room for improvement (who doesn't?). She is riding what a motorist or car would do. If drivers like us treat them as equal...we would have no problem with that. Alternatively, she could be 'selfish' and ride in the middle of the lane and 'hog' the left-most lane. Like that she would be safer.... [;)][;)][;)]

Edited by Silver_blade

Oh, so you mean a country with a road tax system results in road users (including cyclists) which are more disciplined?

Which country I mentioned (including the country that JB and Penang are in) have different road systems from Singapore? Are there no lane markings, traffic lights, metalled roads and such features in those countries I mentioned?

In any case, how many have responded that she is not reckless (but not perfect either)? At worst she is only SLIGHTLY disorderly. Nowhere near the sort of chaos that you see in JB. Like that also cannot handle, take bus lah.

↡ Advertisement