Feedback for MCF

Laserjet

Hi fellow MCFer,

As you all know, the MCF board has been revamped. The MCF moderator and admin team would like to gather feedback in this thread.

Do point out to us what you think should be changed/improved.

You may state good points and bad points, but please be constructive!

Bugs and errors, please report here as well.

[cool]

↡ Advertisement

hi

the new site will get some used to. but i think generally it's just as good.

^_^

however i feel some colors can be added to the headlines

like Latest Announcement is Red and Latest Car-related Discussions in Orange for example

in that way, the forum will look a tab more lively

cheers

is it possible to reply to someone but not include the quotes? cos now to reply to someone u have to quote everything he says. its good if u guys can bring back the 'in reply to' feature in the old MCF. and also the notification of replies to your post too. thanks!

isit oso possible to change the icons to show the 'new topic, new post, new reply' to something more easier to differentiate?

all looks almost the same with the same colors.....

n as bro Ldlian987 said the notification of replies to our post oso.....

wuld really appreciate it..!! thnx!!

i think the Quote button can be toggle which means it can be turn Quote On or Off

if i'm not wrong.

BUT, it dun seems to work very well.

the replies notification has to be set again

go to My Control on the Top Right Corner, then on the new page

go to Email Setting, u will see from there

how i know? i had been moving around the webby this afternoon

:ph34r:

edit: i think now the email notification is for any reply to the topic

whether it's to me or not!! :o

can we have the previous setting when the notification is for a reply to me

than just the topic in general?

cheers

Edited by Jonbummer

It appears too "sharp" and glaring imo.

Too much white space. Maybe the white can be changed to an earthy colour, and consequently the green to a colour that matches?

Nice effort though, thanks.

1. White background should be abit beigy / lite greyish to soothe the eyes

2. View All Replies feature. Not sure whether there's a hack for it?

3. Get rid of the default smileys, n juz use back the old ones [sly]

4. New Logo / New color scheme... This is really retro / passe liao... [lipsrsealed]

I feel:-

1) The Shortcut Icon on the top should be smaller,

2) 'Latest Announcement', 'Latest Car-related Discussions' and 'Latest Lite and EZ Discussions' section should have larger font; more eye-catching.

3) All emoticon should be made available at one go...instead of having to scroll, in several pages or in a different window.

At the moment...I feel it looks too 'plain'; like a page from a text book...lack focus.

What I like about this format is the Post window and the actual thread itself. Easy to quote or unquote, able to customise the format of my post/text, etc....

Some comments:-

- Text type can be defaulted to a one similar to the old one.

- A view all post option, instead of next page, etc.

- the text spacing between each lines can be reduced, so one reply will not look so big.

- The links to other forums, like BMW and Sgcarmart.

- The classified section missing, wanted to post something to sell in My Car Forum - Singapore Car Forum > Garage Sale > Miscellaneous

Got this error:- "Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum"

There is a "IT" factor which the old one has, which this new one is lacking and it kind of look normal like other sites. (flowerpod etc)

I guess the upgrade is a move to have more functions etc. But some more customization for members would be nice.

Edited by Davidcks

Even the Java CHAT is screwed up... c'mon... who's idea it is to destroy the forum?

Hi

There are users who give constructive feedback and we welcome them, and there are users who are out to be troublemakers. You are obviously the latter.

Your account have been banned before, and you have come back again under a different name to create trouble. You seem to like MCF a lot, unfortunately we do not share the same feeling about you. You may take your postings elsewhere.

Regards.

ok... i enable the email notification then disabled it.

altho i had checked it's still disabled but emails of each reply is still been sent

to my inbox.... [knife]

it is too much to ask for a new and perfect site... but hope someone

is really taking note of all these and work on it soon enough

[:)]

Hi fellow MCFer,

As you all know, the MCF board has been revamped. The MCF moderator and admin team would like to gather feedback in this thread.

Do point out to us what you think should be changed/improved.

You may state good points and bad points, but please be constructive!

Bugs and errors, please report here as well.

[cool]

Just before I type this response, I used the [search] function with my username. I realised that it pointed out those threads that I visited too besides those I have responded.

With regards to the new interface, I find the font size smaller than the previous. This is no good for those who is 'old flower eye' thought its small and sexy.

Also where is the [view all] function for those thread of more than 1 page long?

Lastly a big thank you for meeting the deliverables, 12/27.

Neutral Newbie

The font looks slightly small which could be the reason for dizziness. I still find the previous colour scheme to be very matching and attractive - what do you guys think?

Haven't really try the whole thing yet.

However it would be cool to be able to set up different theme as display...

↡ Advertisement