Citroen van catches fire

Stooky

2qxc6dz.jpg

STOMPer Michael caught sight of this Citroen in flames along the CTE this morning. He says:

"I drove past this Citroen Berlingo on fire along CTE this morning around 9.30.

"Did not see anyone injured.

"Apparently, the driver had time to salvage his belongings (see the island).

"I wonder how this could happen, when Citroens are supposed to build safe cars and vans."

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singapor...nt.jsp?id=48549

↡ Advertisement

"I wonder how this could happen, when Citroens are supposed to build safe cars and vans."

Not a Citroen owner, however, I find that your statement is unfair to the maker without knowing the exact fact. It could happen to any car make. This is not the first and the last in Singapore.

Not a Citroen owner, however, I find that your statement is unfair to the maker without knowing the exact fact. It could happen to any car make. This is not the first and the last in Singapore.

TS is the stomper???

unfair to put the comment in his mouth without verifying leh [:p]

First time heard of Citroen on fire.

Heard of quite afew old (COE) BMWs on fire in recent years though.

most common cause is after market anyhow add wiring

I have seen an old Daihatsu Hijet van on fire.

The van stopped on the shoulder of the expressway and the driver managed to get out in time.

For vans without bonnet, the engine is directly under the seat. When the engine catches fire, the driver has little time to escape. That's the scary part.

TS is the stomper???

unfair to put the comment in his mouth without verifying leh [:p]

of course not! just copying and paste the article to the forum [:p]

It's very difficult for a diesel engine to catch fire unless that van's engine is petrol powered, which is available for Citroen. Unlike petrol, diesel must be compressed under high pressure and high temp before it can be ignited.

It's possible the van is the petrol version and the owner do mods like adding a fuel booster or whatever that tampers with the fuel line, leaking or not properly secured that causes it to catch fire.

[thumbsdown]lolz , i also find your statement unfair as the TS is not the stomper

most common cause is after market anyhow add wiring

also adding an in-line Broquet but not done properly, will cause fuel to leak [sweatdrop]

also adding an in-line Broquet but not done properly, will cause fuel to leak [sweatdrop]

diesel ignites by compression

u can throw a match into diesel and it wont do a thing

diesel ignites by compression

u can throw a match into diesel and it wont do a thing

oh yah, forgotten that this is a diesel engine, for petrol than it's different

↡ Advertisement