New Skoda Superb, do you bite?

Kelpie

Hi all,

IMHO, the new superb looks much better than the current sad looking frontal look. It has DSG gearbox but horsepower is rather low, only 160bhp for a 1.8T. This is 10 horses more than the current one, which has only 150 horses for a 1.8L turbocharged engine.

http://new.skoda-auto.com/COM/model/newsup...epage.aspx?ff=0

Is this coming to town or already arrived at the showroom?

Regards,

post-3369-1231505641_thumb.jpg

post-3369-1231505652_thumb.jpg

post-3369-1231505890_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kelpie
↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

IMHO, the new superb looks much better than the current sad looking frontal look. It has DSG gearbox but horsepower is rather low, only 160bhp for a 1.8T. This is lower than competition for about 20 horses. Although this is 10 horses more than the current one, which has only 150 horses for a 1.8L turbocharged engine.

http://new.skoda-auto.com/COM/model/newsup...epage.aspx?ff=0

Is this coming to town or already arrived at the showroom?

Regards,

Errr...what HP you are looking at for 1.8T.

What's your comparison.

skoda is good, it a seven speed DSG. One of the best value you can get from VW.

(edited)

Errr...what HP you are looking at for 1.8T.

What's your comparison.

skoda is good, it a seven speed DSG. One of the best value you can get from VW.

I think 1.8 T should fetch around 180 horses. I realized that newer 1.8 T can fetch ~160bhp with 2.0T getting around 180bhp. So it seems like there is around 10 horses per L.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

wonder if they will bring the 6 speed manual to SG? [thumbsup] anyway skoda owners, reliability wise how are skoda cars may i know?

Was it the JD Edward or what? acording to this survey, Skoda Octy was rated the most reliable european car.

Regards,

I think 1.8 T should fetch around 180 horses.

Regards,

FYI, All you have to do is fork out $1k to flash the ecu to get 190bhp and 295nm without doing anything else

FYI, All you have to do is fork out $1k to flash the ecu to get 190bhp and 295nm without doing anything else

Like that no end. Other made can also chip up and yield better that 190bhp. Hopefully not getting an answer that a Hyundai Tuscani can also be modded to 1500bhp that only runs on 0-100Km/h track. Lets compare stock to stock.

Regards,

Supercharged

Like that no end. Other made can also chip up and yield better that 190bhp.

then why don't u go for other makes then?

frankly, u like that compare also no end.

Regards,

even the Audi A4 uses the same 1.8T producing 160 bhp, and BMW 323 only 190bhp from 2497cc .....

anyway, why you need so much bhp for ? its the torque curve that matters ...

for your info, the main petrol engine in the new

Edited by Othello

even the Audi A4 uses the same 1.8T producing 160 bhp, and BMW 323 only 190bhp from 2497cc .....

Regards,

Which 1.8T give u 180 horses?

Don't tell me you pluck the figure from air?

Edited by Archon

(edited)

Which 1.8T give u 180 horses?

Don't tell me you pluck the figure from air?

Thnak you for the correction. My apology. Sorry that I got mixed up with 2.0T. Have been comparing the 2.0T like the 9-5, S60 and Laguna. Now I'm thinking of all that 180Bhp, 280nm of these Turbocharged cars [laugh]. I've edited the posts accordingly.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

to add on, skoda is NOT a prem conti brand, so DO you bite even if the bhp is 200 ??

The more I read, the more it seems like premium conti usually referring to just Mercz and BMW. Some wanted to include Audi in the same tier 1 due to its recent breakthrough.

Tier 2 would be your Volvo, Saab and Tier 3 your Ford, Renault, Citroen, VW and so on. Skoda is in which tier, that I don't know.

Of course, there are other good brands like Alfa which is hard to classify and you also have Bentley that are surely more premium than our mentioned tier one. Super car, like Lambo, porsche how?

Having said that, Tier 1, 2 premium conti not always has a better power output than the lower tier. It all depends what we want from a car, you want affordable pricing with good power, Skoda should be a good choice [thumbsup].

On whether I will get a Skoda? I need to compare about when it reaches our shore. Now only 9-5 seems decent but the interior can't beat the competition.

IMHO.

Regards,

Like that no end. Other made can also chip up and yield better that 190bhp. Hopefully not getting an answer that a Hyundai Tuscani can also be modded to 1500bhp that only runs on 0-100Km/h track. Lets compare stock to stock.

Regards,

What other makes are you referring to?

It's true that there are other makes that can yield better results from an ecu flash, but at what price for the car (and total cost including flashing) in the first place?

FYI, a Tuscani can NEVER be modded to 190bhp with just an ecu flash that costs a mere $1k, therefore you don't have to worry about getting such an answer.

It's pointless to compare stock to stock as the prices are all different.

The trim levels are all different for the different prices.

You should be considering what you get for the amount of money you are paying, be it the brand, the drive and the quality.

↡ Advertisement