Estimated repair costs for dents?

Kongbapao

Hi all, sibeh suay.

Anyway any bros/sis her can agar agar estimate the price for repair? My passenger's side door got about 4 dents, some scratches and there's one part with paint scratched off. All not very big, biggest about 50 cent coin size.

I going down to AD tmr morning, need some price estimation so that can try bargain..

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all, sibeh suay.

Anyway any bros/sis her can agar agar estimate the price for repair? My passenger's side door got about 4 dents, some scratches and there's one part with paint scratched off. All not very big, biggest about 50 cent coin size.

I going down to AD tmr morning, need some price estimation so that can try bargain..

Thanks in advance.

2 dent around $20-30 for workshops outside..

Hi all, sibeh suay.

Thanks in advance.

If you go down to AD, they'll probably tell you it's not worth it. Because they might just take down the door, patch the dent and re-spray, which would set you back $500 - $600. I'm not sure if AD knows how to remove dents without removing door & repainting.

If don't need repaint, try Paintless Dent Removal http://www.pdr.com.sg/. As long as the dent is not creased they can do an excellent job of repairing it without removing door and repainting. What's more it's cheap. The last time I fixed 3 dents for all of $60.

Edit: Sorry, had another look at your problem. Looks like you need to respray as there's paint scracted off. Should set you back couple of hundreds, and it's quite costly at most AD. It's their chance to makan you mah. A cheaper alternative is to go to any workshop that offers panel beating and spray painting.

Edited by Drive_carcar

Hi all, sibeh suay.

Thanks in advance.

Best not not go do at AD. Cos its going to cost you a bomb. If the scratches are not too big and deep, you can consider bro Drive_carcar's suggestion and go PDR and fix up the dents and then use touch up paint and cover the scratches. But if too serious a scratch and dent, they also bobian.

If you can't live with it, then you can go Szekang AMK Autopoint to do the repairs. Price quite reasonable.

Note: I don't work for them. Had engaged both their services. 2 dents on roof and 1 dent at door costs me $60. 2 doors respray at SzeKang plus panel beating cost me about $300+. So you do your sums and see which you wana choose lor.

Hi all, sibeh suay.

Thanks in advance.

Minimum spray paint is around $150, I'm not too sure about the pricing now. Dents probably they will just fill it up with putty instead of knocking(take out too many stuff). That's is outside spray service. AD will be more ex.

If you spray only one door you will get a different shade compare to other parts of the car. It's not very obvious but can tell under sunlight on close up.

It's not worth doing unless you respray the whole car. Just consolidate more dents and re-spray or change car.

Minimum spray paint is around $150, I'm not too sure about the pricing now. Dents probably they will just fill it up with putty instead of knocking(take out too many stuff). That's is outside spray service. AD will be more ex.

If you spray only one door you will get a different shade compare to other parts of the car. It's not very obvious but can tell under sunlight on close up.

It's not worth doing unless you respray the whole car. Just consolidate more dents and re-spray or change car.

Actually it depends.

I have 3 experience. One with the famous repaint shop here in MCF and another with another workshop.

Famous one - first time, very hard to tell diff.

2nd time Can tell paint difference.

Conclusion - inconsistent standard

Other WS - Very Hard to tell difference even if I tell you where to look.

Actually it depends.

I have 3 experience. One with the famous repaint shop here in MCF and another with another workshop.

Famous one - first time, very hard to tell diff.

2nd time Can tell paint difference.

Conclusion - inconsistent standard

Other WS - Very Hard to tell difference even if I tell you where to look.

name of the famous one?

Thanks bros for your inputs. I read them all while waiting for my queue at AD. Quoted $400. Decided to go ahead with them..

Rich man......Why still need to ask for opinions?

Rich man......Why still need to ask for opinions?

er.. wat talking you? [confused] rich man den i no need ask for opinions liao lo.

need some rates to bargain la.

depends on how many panels involved.

If the dents are all on one panel , cost is about $150-$180 depending on severity of patchwork.

I did from populor workshop, cannot tell any diff at all.

They even know my color code, without checking.

Hi there, this kindda dent will it be very ex to repair? Basically the white colored parts are dented.. the longer white not every part is dented.. I thought of spray painting myself as it will be cheaper, since it's not very noticeable..

frontleftdoorrear.jpg

Sianz, kena kerb in the carpark at Peninsula Hotel.. =.=