Honda Crossroad, Tyre Pressure

The_Bear

I am driving a Honda Crossroad 1.8L. Recommended tyre pressure on the plate at driver's door is 210 PSI. My tyres and rims are stock.

When I first checked the pressure when I received the car, it was at 270 PSI! I tot something wrong with the pump so I went to another station but it too showed the same pressure. I re-adjusted to 210 PSI but the tyres look underinflated. Has anyone come across this problem before? Now I keep it around 220 -230 PSI unless I am driving to Malaysia where I will adjust it down to 210 PSI. I was told by the PI that importers will overinflate the tyres when shipping to compensate for loss during warehouseing and shipment. But again, the tyres look perfectly ok at 270 PSI...

Also, when driving in Malaysia on the NS highway, at around speed of 140 - 150 km/h, there is a strange humming noise coming from the front right portion of the car. Especially when there is cross wind. Sounds like wind blowing across a piece of strectched plastic. But the sound is not consistant. It is on and off. Sometimes there is no sound even at higher speed. This is very strange and would help if any brothers have any experience in this before. btw, I have checked under the bonner, hood and chassis to find that piece of loose plastic or watsoever. I suspect it might be one of the labels in the engine bay being blown about.

Edited by Bavarian
↡ Advertisement

I am driving a Honda Crossroad 1.8L. Recommended tyre pressure on the plate at driver's door is 210 PSI. My tyres and rims are stock.

When I first checked the pressure when I received the car, it was at 270 PSI! I tot something wrong with the pump so I went to another station but it too showed the same pressure. I re-adjusted to 210 PSI but the tyres look underinflated. Has anyone come across this problem before? Now I keep it around 220 -230 PSI unless I am driving to Malaysia where I will adjust it down to 210 PSI. I was told by the PI that importers will overinflate the tyres when shipping to compensate for loss during warehouseing and shipment. But again, the tyres look perfectly ok at 270 PSI...

Also, when driving in Malaysia on the NS highway, at around speed of 140 - 150 km/h, there is a strange humming noise coming from the front right portion of the car. Especially when there is cross wind. Sounds like wind blowing across a piece of strectched plastic. But the sound is not consistant. It is on and off. Sometimes there is no sound even at higher speed. This is very strange and would help if any brothers have any experience in this before. btw, I have checked under the bonner, hood and chassis to find that piece of loose plastic or watsoever. I suspect it might be one of the labels in the engine bay being blown about.

I like you avatar.

You mean KPa is it?

Erm..I thought if you want to drive long distance you'd want to pump high PSI. I read an aritcule on the reasons why it is preferred that way but can't remember why. Perhaps the experts here can explain better. By the way, what is the size and profle of your tyres?

I consistently keeping my tyre pressure to 36 PSI or about 248KPa, for SG and MY roads. Using 225/45R17, no problem at 200Km/h.

Regards,

yup, kpa. sorry for the mistake.

From wat I know, lower pressure for high speed to compensate for air expansion at higher temperature.

Tyre profile is 215/65R16.

yup, kpa. sorry for the mistake.

From wat I know, lower pressure for high speed to compensate for air expansion at higher temperature.

Tyre profile is 215/65R16.

wrong bro, its e other way round. U need higher pressure to accommodate e high temp n pressure experienced in the taya when going at high speed. In extreme condition,deflated(puntured) taya will explode bcos there is not enuh air to sustain it. [cool]

Edited by Hamburger