VW tiguan Normal or Sports more worth?

Mrmurano

Neutral Newbie

hey guys.

i'm interested in the volkswagen tiguan.

but i'm seriously not sure if its worth getting the sports version.

the price difference is 20k! my budget only 90k plus..

need your advice.

thanks bros.

↡ Advertisement

hey guys.

need your advice.

thanks bros.

Save the 20K for lower downpayment. When you sell the car next time its either same price or 3K more for Sports model. Unless there is power difference or short of a row of seats.

Neutral Newbie

i really find the panoramic roof attractive. well, its not that i can't stretch my budget to a little more, but if its worth getting the higher spec one, why not? haha. more opinions please. thanks.

i really find the panoramic roof attractive. well, its not that i can't stretch my budget to a little more, but if its worth getting the higher spec one, why not? haha. more opinions please. thanks.

My car also got this panaromic roof, everyday I get my head roasted by the sun. The centre patch Hair is dropping at quite a alarming rate.

There is a topic on it @ http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...20&start=20

Based on the latest pricing with $3k CAT B COE...

Tiguan Basic: $95.8k

Basic Cost = ($26,535 * 2.3) + $3k = $64k

Gross Margin = $95.8k - $64k = $31.8

% Margin = 120%

Tiguan Sport: $116.8k

Basic Cost = ($33k * 2.3) + $3k = $79k

Gross Margin = $116.8k - $79k = $37.8

% Margin = 115%

Difference between Basic & Sports,

- NO sunroof

- 1 DIN headunit

- halogen, not HID, headlights

- no cruise control

- 16" tyres/rims, not 17"

- no sports suspension

- detuned engine

Most of them can be "upgrade" aftermarket except for Sunroof (Wow factor), HID (not much usage), Cruise control (only useful in KPE)...

If you need all 3 then worth it to get Sports else not worth the additional $20k...

From vagsg.com, Tiguan's FC not that good... avg 7-8km/l... Most owners are still in run-in period...

Not sure any PI bring in this basic model with Sunroof without all the other frings...

Edited by Wintersonata

My car also got this panaromic roof, everyday I get my head roasted by the sun. The centre patch Hair is dropping at quite a alarming rate.

LOL, time to get V-Kool for ur panoramic roof liao...

Sport version, agree the roof really cool.

Cool roof or hot roof ? Kena roasted till hair falling off is not cool ! Even with VKool, the heat would still get in. IMHO, the panaromic roof is suitable for European countries where the heat is not that hot ! Sunroof already hot so imagine the panaromic roof !

Edited by Cbx750p

Do you intend to take a loan to buy this car?

Are you taking a loan because you don't have enough cash to pay the car up front, or because you are intending to use that sum of money to invest?

If it is the former, then I suggest you buy the cheaper car.

If it is the latter, then I suppose you can well afford to buy the better car.

Turbocharged

Think there is such thing as a sliding cover. Also, hot for you might be acceptable/ok with others.

Missus car with twin moonroofs, with 3M film all round plus on the moonroof is still very cool inside with aircon setting at 24 deg for both front and rear.

Maybe those aircon not powerful enough!

There is a topic on it @ http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...20&start=20

Based on the latest pricing with $3k CAT B COE...

Tiguan Basic: $95.8k

Basic Cost = ($26,535 * 2.3) + $3k = $64k

Gross Margin = $95.8k - $64k = $31.8

% Margin = 120%

Tiguan Sport: $116.8k

Basic Cost = ($33k * 2.3) + $3k = $79k

Gross Margin = $116.8k - $79k = $37.8

% Margin = 115%

Difference between Basic & Sports,

- NO sunroof

- 1 DIN headunit

- halogen, not HID, headlights

- no cruise control

- 16" tyres/rims, not 17"

- no sports suspension

- detuned engine

Most of them can be "upgrade" aftermarket except for Sunroof (Wow factor), HID (not much usage), Cruise control (only useful in KPE)...

If you need all 3 then worth it to get Sports else not worth the additional $20k...

From vagsg.com, Tiguan's FC not that good... avg 7-8km/l... Most owners are still in run-in period...

Not sure any PI bring in this basic model with Sunroof without all the other frings...

Is the basic model come with detune engine?

Turbocharged

Is the basic model come with detune engine?

Same 2.0 litre turbo engine, but 170bhp vs 200 bhp.....Torque if din remember wrongly, same for both powerplant.

Neutral Newbie

LOL at the roasted head guy. haha. anyways.. tiguan FC really not good meh?! i tot they say 10 - 11? scam people ah.

srsly need a lot of thinking.. [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

LOL at the roasted head guy. haha. anyways.. tiguan FC really not good meh?! i tot they say 10 - 11? scam people ah.

srsly need a lot of thinking.. [sweatdrop]

10-11 is achieveable if you drive it like a 2 litre engine.

8-9 is you drive it like a 2.5-3.0 litre engine its capable of performing......

My view is if u r getting Tiguan then don't waste $ for e sports version. I see those 4 door sedan owners spent $ to mod their ride with body kit, GT wing...to me it's ugly. Worse example r those who mod Nissan Sunny, Vios, Corolla....Family car mod to sporty look [thumbsdown] ???

hey guys.

need your advice.

thanks bros.

Having tried the car, i don't think it's really worth paying the extra more for the frills.

I would put my money elsewhere for another car..

the VW badge is not really that upclass..i.e. you get the basic model, you might be worse off than other make..

but if you pay the extra, the ROI is just not there given that there's not much difference.. better off getting, maybe, a CRV

and the 2 din HU don't even have navigation which you need to pay like 10k for the original or half the price for a 3rd party developed. (and that is not available yet according to the SE when I tried it last month).

anyway, after testing the car, i realised that I'm not a SUV person yet..

↡ Advertisement