Vernetta Lopez - job rethink perhaps?

Marvelicious

I think a lot of us listen to the radio and might share my opinion that we have to put up with quite a few mediocre radio DJs. But I wonder who is with me on this. This class95 DJ has been a radio personality for quite a many years now but it's shocking how appalling she is at her job.

Her shows are stale and it was especially bad when she was the host during lunch-time. Her lacking of a radio personality, a character shows up very obviously then. Maybe her bosses recognise her shortfall and had her team up with the morning guys, both to add a female perspective and perhaps to inject some life into her tepid repertoire. But shockingly, she seems to have pulled the two guys down with her.

Her jokes are flat, and she seem only intent to add some sound effect or mimick some accent, which more often than not is rather irritating. And obviously she has problems catching up with the two guys' routine and ends up being like an unwanted third party in a two-person conversation, breaking their flow in the process.

Granted, she is new to them and need time to gel. But signs so far are not encouraging. I don't know about you guys but her show makes me crinch at times. So much so I have already stopped tuning in.

↡ Advertisement

I've always thought she sounded like s--t. No personality whatsoever. Flatter than flat.

And the other 2 bozzos on the morning express are not that much better. Their routines started to get to me around 1-2 years back. Nothing new, same old reactions to the same (similar) jokes. FD's laughter starts getting tired after a while. Just sounds like he doesn't mean it.

Now after the (final?) demise of the Joe flow, I am 'morning showless'. The chinese shows are starting to appeal, especially 100.3. Can improve my mandarin at the same time. When they get cringe-worthy, I'll be back to my CDs.

I agree fully with you. As a class95 listener, i think VL's shows are downright like... trying to use those "goo-goo-ga-ga" act-cute sound effects when she is old and NOT cute/sexy in any way. Her lunch-time shows are totally a bore. Hardly bringing any smiles/laughs at all.

To make things worse, she is now like cold water splashed onto the morning express.

I treat morning express as something light & funny to listen to start my day [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

Between Vernetta and Glenn Ong, I'll choose her anytime. I've given up Morning Express many moons ago.

i've given up on most local radio programmes already..including class95, yes933, 972 etc etc..the only reasons sometimes i tune in to them is for traffic information..

now i'm listening to malaysia's myFM @ 95.4..the morning and evening rush hour show is hosted in Cantonese.. [thumbsup]

i've given up on most local radio programmes already..including class95, yes933, 972 etc etc..the only reasons sometimes i tune in to them is for traffic information..

now i'm listening to malaysia's myFM @ 95.4..the morning and evening rush hour show is hosted in Cantonese.. [thumbsup]

Ditto. [thumbsup] Only tune in local to get traffic.

You should try 99.9. Mix of cantonese and mandarin.

Yeah agree with you. The two guys are beginning to sound like a broken record. And yes, FD's laughter is so forced it seems like he is trying to fill up airtime cos he got nothing to say.

Vernetta Lopez is quite possibily one of the worst DJ on our local radio in my opinion, and we have quite a few of them.

On a brighter note, I think that the guys on the night show of 98.7FM are pretty good. Very localised content, and pretty original in coming up with songs and ideas. You can tell that they are really putting in effort to stand out and make a difference.

Sadly, this cannot be said of many of the DJs. To them it's becoming like a routine. And I put it down to the possibility that there is a dire lack of new faces, or voices on the scene. We keep hearing the same old guys over and over, and I guess they realise that too, and are thus getting complacent and stale. I realise they have a red tape to toe, but come on, they are like people with nice voices, that's all! Reading news, and stuff off the internet. Surely they can do better.

I think if these people are to go into the corporate world, with their little or no re-invention, they be slaughtered in a couple of years!

Makes me feel why the hell we are paying for radio licence to put up with crap.

Class 95's morning show was at its peak during the Joe Augustin - Flying Dutchman era. I don't feel Glenn Ong added much to the content. Vernetta Lopez, to put it bluntly, sounds like a duck.

I agree with you about Vernetta Lopez. I have given up on Class95 a few years ago. I usually listen to the station Joe Augustin goes.

Now I listen to Gold 90.5 FM in the morning, Maggie Lim and Hamish Brown is quite good. In the evening, I usually listen to the CD....cos Denise and Tim of Homestretch are lousy. Denise and her fake laugh and Tim and his super flat jokes.

I've always thought she sounded like s--t. No personality whatsoever. Flatter than flat.

And the other 2 bozzos on the morning express are not that much better. Their routines started to get to me around 1-2 years back. Nothing new, same old reactions to the same (similar) jokes. FD's laughter starts getting tired after a while. Just sounds like he doesn't mean it.

Now after the (final?) demise of the Joe flow, I am 'morning showless'. The chinese shows are starting to appeal, especially 100.3. Can improve my mandarin at the same time. When they get cringe-worthy, I'll be back to my CDs.

Actual I switched from class 95 to love 97.2....that shortie is dame funny at time....

I agree with you about Vernetta Lopez. I have given up on Class95 a few years ago. I usually listen to the station Joe Augustin goes.

Now I listen to Gold 90.5 FM in the morning, Maggie Lim and Hamish Brown is quite good. In the evening, I usually listen to the CD....cos Denise and Tim of Homestretch are lousy. Denise and her fake laugh and Tim and his super flat jokes.

Is the Denise you speak of Denise Tan? She had a pretty good partnership with Joe at 913 many years ago when Petrina was on maternity leave.

91.3FM The Married Men evening show is good. Funny. Rod,andre & audrey.

like their Kenna pluck! [thumbsup]

They are ok lah. Good for a chuckle or 2. But most of their stuff is soooooooooooo manufactured. Can't you tell that a lot of their 'callers' or 'victims' are fake?

Couldn't agree more...

But I find that most female DJs in mediakok sucks.

Other dan VL, C Chong(sounds like an airhead/bimbo), JD same as C Chong, Lunch buddy Des*ree, etc etc.

Lunch buddy Des*ree always say the say things over. Even daniel make fun of her one time when she was late.

He said he will guess what she will say when she comes in, things like the weekend and is here, very soon the day shall end blah blah blah...And when she came in she said exactly what daniel mentioned in sequence. I LOL in my car.

I like Shareen the best but she got kicked out of 98 and together with Joe. WTF?!

Male DJs are better other dan the special one from 95. And the other one in 98 call Hairy talk so much boring stuff.

yeah.... 100.3 for me in the morning ( interesting topics raise and good DJ)

91.3 in the evening... but sometimes the jokes are quite lame