Hurricane Filter - Will it lead to CEL light up?

Siewss

Anyone who changed out their stock filter to Hurricane stainless steel ones experience CEL lighting up (O2 sensor)?

↡ Advertisement

my advise to stainless user... buy O2 sensor cleaner , or contact cleaner for electrical boards... clean every 6mths... to 1 yr... so to last ur sensors.

:)

Anyone who changed out their stock filter to Hurricane stainless steel ones experience CEL lighting up (O2 sensor)?

just like to point out that CEL doesn't automatically point to a O2 sensor issue. you need to have it scanned using a OBD tool to find out exactly the error code. it could be a few issues: from bad sensor connections (IAT, TPS, etc) to more serious engine issues.

what you can do is remove your battery for about 30 sec to 1 min, press on the brake pedal (to drain current from system totally) and then reconnect the battery and start again. this should clear the CEL. start the engine again and see if the CEL returns. if it does, you probably wanna bring to a mech to do an OBD scan.

Supersonic

OT abit.. Hurricane and Simota stainless steel air filter, which is better? Any advise? Thanks

Both are useless. They let in dirt like no tomorrow.

Dirt is abrasive. It tears at your engine internals like sandblasting.

Pretty soon, you get oil leak and all kinds of trouble.

Still people want to pay good money to achieve 0.001 little hp and risk their engine.

just like to point out that CEL doesn't automatically point to a O2 sensor issue. you need to have it scanned using a OBD tool to find out exactly the error code. it could be a few issues: from bad sensor connections (IAT, TPS, etc) to more serious engine issues.

what you can do is remove your battery for about 30 sec to 1 min, press on the brake pedal (to drain current from system totally) and then reconnect the battery and start again. this should clear the CEL. start the engine again and see if the CEL returns. if it does, you probably wanna bring to a mech to do an OBD scan.

I used Hurricane once, my O2 sensor in the cat coverter went kaput. I wasn't sure whether it's related to the use of coarse filtering or misfiring of my OWS sparks. Now that I've changed my ride, I bought Hurricane again, albeit with finer mesh size. However, I just don't want to end up with another CEL problem, and wanted to check out if anybody can share their experience that can related SS filter murdering O2 sensors.

It's quite well-known that Hurricane's filters provide very bad filtration but good air intake. There's always a trade off...

Many have experiences CEL light on due to the O2 sensor because it gets dirty very fast with a Hurricane filter installed.

Simota also same problem...both are equally as useless. There are many other better brands in the market...

BTW, Hurricane made in SG hor? hehe

I used Hurricane once, my O2 sensor in the cat coverter went kaput. I wasn't sure whether it's related to the use of coarse filtering or misfiring of my OWS sparks. Now that I've changed my ride, I bought Hurricane again, albeit with finer mesh size. However, I just don't want to end up with another CEL problem, and wanted to check out if anybody can share their experience that can related SS filter murdering O2 sensors.

i hear CEL light up is a hack for Super VTEC...

1st Gear

It's quite well-known that Hurricane's filters provide very bad filtration but good air intake. There's always a trade off...

Many have experiences CEL light on due to the O2 sensor because it gets dirty very fast with a Hurricane filter installed.

Simota also same problem...both are equally as useless. There are many other better brands in the market...

BTW, Hurricane made in SG hor? hehe

Bro, wat are u using now in your civic? open pod or drop in with SS filter?

bro.. most likely because your maf sensor adaptor diameter wrong liao.. get ur mech to change it.. it should be the same as the one on your stock airbox