Opel Astra 2010

Orablue

Neutral Newbie

I was going to say 'WAH SWEE" even before I clicked on your thread.

Now all I can say is that it is sleek (like any new conti car nowadays), but definitely not special at all.

That backside is like an improved version of the Mazda3 HB.

In fact, its got too much Mazda all over its design from the sideprofile ( CX7 ), front (2010 Mazda3)

Part of Mazda R&D is in Europe and some of the test circuit is also there.. obvious that it's targetiing it's sales there... so no surprise when they resembling designs.... As you mention... it's the new conti look...

Very 308-ish to me

Aaah.. that's nice... French look German Engineered.... let's see what kind of engine and gearbox will come with this stuff..

(edited)

the 3 lines. 1 in the middle all the way to the badge to "fold" the bonnet into half, then 2 lines, 1 on each side, further "fold"..

Maybe this design is so common that its just me ... =)

Edited by Windchoco

It just look plain to me .Probably not my cup of tea .

Actually, it looks like the mainstream euro car makers are redesigning their to be more conservative to attract a wider customer base.

Renault Megane is another one which has become very conservative.

I am probably very bias... having driven Astra F, Astra G and Astra H... there's something about the roadholding that makes Astra feels just right.. that's why I have trouble replacing the AStra with other cars in this segment... partly also due to budget..

While my weekend Skoda have the added feels good, quiet and upmarket to it.... Astra have a little nice feeling of cozy and at home... perhaps just me.. having driven Astra for so long.. it's the blood already...

Look wise.. it's not the sleekest and the most nice.. but it's everlasting.. the kind that you don't get bored over the look easily... that's what I think..

ya ya... Can't help thinking that way cos they all under GM... Even engine name is similar.. lol

Anyway its common for car design to be cut and paste from somewhere then edit edit ba... esp when badge-engineering is involved.

Actually, it looks like the mainstream euro car makers are redesigning their to be more conservative to attract a wider customer base.

Renault Megane is another one which has become very conservative.

I prefer the current model look than 'facelift' version.

↡ Advertisement