Funny SE from PI

Nus24

Neutral Newbie

Went to see a BMW with my friend few days ago.

My girlfriend wants to buy because her boyfriend made tons of money in the recent stock market bull run, so ask my friend to see car and chose on she likes.

We went around AML/Turf city, saw a ready stock model with the color and interior color specs to my friend's liking.

Ok...we so query about the price with the SE (female). Sat down to discuss about trading in her Honda fit, and the loan amounts, etc.

Ok SE gave a quote of $X for the car, with 4 bids guarantee package.

SE said if immediate must add $1000 more.

The SE says if my friend is really interested, the SE will talk to the boss for better price.

My friend then suggested that she will bid the COE herself next week to save the PI time/effort on the 4 bids period, and asked the SE to get a better price from the boss.

Today the SE called my friend and quoted a price of ($X + $1000 - $7500current coe price ) for the car as the BEST DEAL her boss can offer!

The SE even asked my friend to come down to place a booking immediately if interested. With the standard offer is valid for only two days and no guarantee the same car will be available if delay futher,etc.

The fact is that this $X offers is not really dirt cheap, as all other PI also offered around this price for this BMW model. So it cannot be that the price was underquoted originally.

I was thinking...

1) What a joker this SE.

2) What kind of offer is this?

3) Help PI to reduce COE hedging risk yet the car price can increase $1000.

I can only conclude that

1) This PI is expecting the COE price to drop next 4 bids. Thereby can make more profit by insiting on 4 bids deal rather than customer get own COE deal.

2) This SE is not keen to make the sale, or

3) This SE is thinking my friend's anxious/interest shown in that car indicates a potential Sucker customer that SE can con-big time.

↡ Advertisement

I honestly didn't catch the joke .Maybe if you can tell us what is that $X then the episode may be more lively .

Neutral Newbie

Went to see a BMW with my friend few days ago.

My girlfriend wants to buy because her boyfriend made tons of money in the recent stock market bull run, so ask my friend to see car and chose on she likes.

The SE says if my friend is really interested, the SE will talk to the boss for better price.

My friend then suggested that she will bid the COE herself next week to save the PI time/effort on the 4 bids period, and asked the SE to get a better price from the boss.

Sorry OT abit. Am confused. So who is buying the car? Your friend or your girlfriend? U made tons of $$ recently?

Neutral Newbie

My girlfriend wants to buy because her boyfriend made tons of money in

confused when i first read your sentence

just buy from AD

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I am a girl and my female friend wants to buy a car!

X = $150,000

Anyway....its ok that some don't get the joke.

Just want to relate the incident that I myself finds funny.

Edited by Nus24

oh...simple...not happy with their quote..take money else where...nothing funny at all since they only want your friend business and think you girl know nuts about car price....

(edited)

make tons of money buy beemer? Why not buy farlorry or porch?

yo...she is serious lah..TON of money...like my peekture below...hahaha [:p]

zimbabwe.jpg

b28a91e87912797e.jpg

Edited by Application9999

Hello friend,

Nothing that funny - is only the PI discount 7K if you booked NOW . Could be an old model / low OMV / year of make also play a part.

Rdgs

X = $150,000

Nothing funny,It's the player looking for joker .

Is that car exclusive that you must go to PI ?

X = $150,000

ask your female friend to use her own money to buy the car lah....why must use her boyfriend winnings from share to buy??? *sigh* another cockanadoo BF willing to cut n chop...not even married yet...i hope the bf had makan her else sibeh bo hua :) :) :)

Neutral Newbie

ask your female friend to use her own money to buy the car lah....why must use her boyfriend winnings from share to buy??? *sigh* another cockanadoo BF willing to cut n chop...not even married yet...i hope the bf had makan her else sibeh bo hua :) :) :)

this makan very expensive leh...150k.... diamond stubb with gold plated shades??

Wow! She must be really hot eh? Anyway, I too didn't get the jist of the matter. Terrible with numbers lah...

↡ Advertisement