Suzuki APV: What do you think of it?

Thermodynamics

Hi guys

Can you all share what you know and hear about this ride please?

Does it come in manual?

It seems to suit my needs for an 8-seater and it is really spacious. Somehow I kinda like the van-like design. I don't need a F&F ride because I drive very slowly on the road. I like it's functionality and versatility.

I would love to hear your views.

↡ Advertisement

I personally do like this APV design..simple and yet practical.

Easy on the pockets too..my MSCP got one using red plate and the road tax per yr is ard $50.

There are also air con vents mounted on top so that the rear passengers can enjoy cool air.

Downside is the height clearance..parking at shopping mall carpark like Marina Sq might be a problem.

if it suits your needs, just buy it. . . [thumbsup]

it is a Suzuki, i presume it should be easy to maintain, have yet to hear any complaints regarding it and it is way better than MIC car IMHO.

[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

heard the engine is below the front seats hence might be hot if drivng for long hours. was told FC is not fantastic either. but its one of the cheaper multi people mover ard. should be valued for money. call me bias but i think this is a good bet against MIC mpvs.

never consider kia carens?

Hi guys

Can you all share what you know and hear about this ride please?

Does it come in manual?

It seems to suit my needs for an 8-seater and it is really spacious. Somehow I kinda like the van-like design. I don't need a F&F ride because I drive very slowly on the road. I like it's functionality and versatility.

I would love to hear your views.

Do a search. There was a thread before. IIRC there were some comments about the quality of the interior materials as its made in Indo.

if it suits your needs, just buy it. . . [thumbsup]

it is a Suzuki, i presume it should be easy to maintain, have yet to hear any complaints regarding it and it is way better than MIC car IMHO.

[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Actually I can afford to buy a Wish or Previa but I don't want to spend so much money on a vehicle. I just want a practical people mover that is spacious and comfortable. Road tax for 1.6L is low too.

Probably little complaints heard due to low number of owners I presume.

(edited)

heard the engine is below the front seats hence might be hot if drivng for long hours. was told FC is not fantastic either. but its one of the cheaper multi people mover ard. should be valued for money. call me bias but i think this is a good bet against MIC mpvs.

never consider kia carens?

I heard FC is around 8km/L and is comparable to bigger sized MPVs so I think it is fine with me. Not to mention I am can haul 6-7 pax at one go. Not very sure whether this ride can take RON92 petrol. If yes, lagi best.

Yes, with the engine mounted underneath the seat, should be hot. Just like a van.

Kia Carens seems more cramped inside. In fact the more box shaped APV won me over because the interior is really spacious.

Edited by Thermodynamics

Do a search. There was a thread before. IIRC there were some comments about the quality of the interior materials as its made in Indo.

Found the thread but discussion pretty limited and that was so many years ago and discussion has died down since. So I hope to gather more info from forumers and if better still, APV owners, themselves.

Interior material not much of a concern since I am paying only 55k+ for a 8-seater so I don't expect much. I don't spend too much time in the car either. Everyday <1hr on the road. I just want to hear opinions from car users about this ride and see whether they see something I don't see.

(edited)

Just to ask .. any consideration for the upcoming Proton Exora ? also on 1.6l .. sld be easy on road tax also .. [rolleyes]

Edited by Renesis84

With the skinny tires, how do the APV negotiate a 90degree bend at a traffic junction with 7~8 person in it? Somemore with high CG, will it topple over if going fast around the bend? :D

But for the price I think no other MPV can have so much space. The interior is not bad too. If 55k is your budget for a MPV, it's a good choice.

With the skinny tires, how do the APV negotiate a 90degree bend at a traffic junction with 7~8 person in it? Somemore with high CG, will it topple over if going fast around the bend? :D

But for the price I think no other MPV can have so much space. The interior is not bad too. If 55k is your budget for a MPV, it's a good choice.

SBS bus even taller and carry more people right? Never hear about it toppling over before. [:p]

I don't drive fast. It's my habit. Even if I like to, this car wouldn't allow. 1.6A hauling 6-7 pax, how fast can it go? So kupping corner, corner grip and body roll all this stuff never bothers me when I shop for a ride.

I just want something easy on the pocket and practical. I think this ride is pretty popular in Indonesia and the Philippines.