Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

Ithunk

anything special? anyway this car have been advert for for a few months liao.

2 owners in 1 year is pretty special.

well the console is super.....if u look at the 4th and 5th picture from the top.....

This thread was started in the "old days" when threads could be started for little rhyme or reason. :D

But let's talk about consoles (referring collectively to the dash, the wheel and the centre consoles). Having experienced (either via ownership or drives) a few modern models of each of three supercar marques (F, L and M), here are my thoughts:

The Lambo console is always something quite stunning. There are more switches than the reasonable person can be expected to remember and it doesn't take a lot of imagination to liken the cockpit to that of a fighter jet. In the Huracan, the paddle shifters have a stylish spoke-based design. Very creative. My favourite interior of all 3 marques.

The McLaren console is always very sensibly laid out and despite its attention to function, it remains beautiful in form. There is a nice "Yin-Yang" design on the reassuringly large "Home" button (that's also the plan view of the McLaren Technology Centre). The buttons are laid out in a utilitarian, albeit aesthetically pleasing, manner. While the dash is not as immediately striking as that of (say) a Huracan, a car like the 720s hides some secrets from plain view - for example, when you put the car into race mode, a totally different physical module with a rev bar rotates very slickly into place. It's really quite something to witness. This sort of physical "transformers" style drama always trumps a simple LCD display change.

The Ferrari console is my least favourite of the lot. It's all rather boring, and the wheel, with its manettino and start-stop button, is the only really visually arresting part of the console.

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1