Volkswagen to partner Proton for ASEAN production

Mustang

they have tried and fail with the mitsubishi. Why would it be any different. They tried with the Lotus. And nothing good has come out of the " Lotus Tuned" Proton.

they have tried and fail with the mitsubishi. Why would it be any different. They tried with the Lotus. And nothing good has come out of the " Lotus Tuned" Proton.

For engine no but for handling yes,I feel there's improvement on handling in the Campro era.For the Exora the bodyroll during cornering is little for a bulky MPV.

For engine no but for handling yes,I feel there's improvement on handling in the Campro era.For the Exora the bodyroll during cornering is little for a bulky MPV.

I have to agree. I drive and Opel Astra which is tuned by the same Lotus tuner and surprisingly the feeling on straight and corners are similar.. when I test drove the Waja.

So there are substance.. it's the cosmetics that fails them...

Neutral Newbie

The VW-proton talks failed before. I don't think it will succeed this time round either. Too bad, or else I'd gone ahead and gotten my Passat CC Coupe.

Neutral Newbie

Yea the Passat CC Coupe seems like a cool car to have....at a decent price. I wonder why VW even wants to work with Proton in the first place. Incompetent company

Neutral Newbie

Yea the Passat CC Coupe seems like a cool car to have....at a decent price. I wonder why VW even wants to work with Proton in the first place. Incompetent company

Is not a bad option after all. Ready manufacturing facilities for them to venture into southeast asia countries. It will benefit us as consumer for sure. I don't mind driving a proton badged VW. [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

Is not a bad option after all. Ready manufacturing facilities for them to venture into southeast asia countries. It will benefit us as consumer for sure. I don't mind driving a proton badged VW. [rolleyes]

of course...cheaper spare parts for Ahmad who wants his passat cc haha

Marketing bro,They're setting up plant in Malaysia as their Asean hub.Last year Malaysia overtake Thailand in production car volume also.Their planning is to sell VW cars at a reasonable price due to the hefty import tax by Malaysian Govt.Quite a smart move i shall say.If this plan materialise i wont be surprise if VW overtake Toyota sales for non-national car makes.. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Marketing bro,They're setting up plant in Malaysia as their Asean hub.Last year Malaysia overtake Thailand in production car volume also.Their planning is to sell VW cars at a reasonable price due to the hefty import tax by Malaysian Govt.Quite a smart move i shall say.If this plan materialise i wont be surprise if VW overtake Toyota sales for non-national car makes.. [thumbsup]

Oh didn't know Malaysia overtook Thailand...but is Malaysia the biggest market for VW in the region? Don't think so yea?

Oh didn't know Malaysia overtook Thailand...but is Malaysia the biggest market for VW in the region? Don't think so yea?

Nope i can forsee the reasons why they want to set up plant in Malaysia instead of Thailand,Vietnam or Indonesia.

i think it is good for proton, definitely. proton can't make good cars because their brand and quality got problem. but whether vw will become cheaper that 1 i really dun know because u see japanese camry and thailand camry no price difference. because borneo motor never push thailand toyota to imporove quality and reduce price.