0 - 62 mph 7.6 Seconds

Top Speed 143 mph

Transmission 5-Speed Automatic

Fuel Type: Diesel

Economy ~ manufacturers figures

Urban 26.2 mpg

Extra Urban 42.8 mpg

Combined 34.9 mpg

Most petrol engine sedans don't come close. Power.

↡ Advertisement

Fuh!! Yeah, seen 'em around but wasn't aware that they were so highly spec-ed! [sweatdrop]

I'm sure you're all aware of how irritating cab drivers can be at times right? Well, put 'em in high performance vehicles and what you get is exactly the type of deplorable road conditions we have here in Singapore today [shakehead]

Doesn't make sense but still we see them on the roads. However, these so called higher class taxis don't normally pick up passengers by the roadside...they usually work with hotels and corporate companies. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to survive....

Doesn't make sense but still we see them on the roads. However, these so called higher class taxis don't normally pick up passengers by the roadside...they usually work with hotels and corporate companies. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to survive....

ya i would think so also.....mercs cab maybe but not for chrysler

That possibly explains why, despite having impressive specifications, the Chrysler taxis I encountered when driving back home were driving in a much more steady manner, with none of the frantic, reckless cutting between several lanes without signalling, speeding and coming to sudden stops in the middle of nowhere which I've gotten used to from the regular taxis. This is of course purely personal observation based on a few instances, but besides noticing these impressive vehicles for their looks I noticed that the behaviour of the few I came across contrasted sharply with the usual taxis.

It's a limo cab. If you visit Korea, their cabs which is black in color has a higher flag down rate dan any other colors cabs. Usually businessmen will flag for them, I guess it's their cab culture. It's more spacious & more luxurious but made in Hyundai.

Not really, saw one picked up a fare at Turf City Taxi Stand last Sat. Don't think they can survive alone on hotels and corporate accounts.

That possibly explains why, despite having impressive specifications, the Chrysler taxis I encountered when driving back home were driving in a much more steady manner, with none of the frantic, reckless cutting between several lanes without signalling, speeding and coming to sudden stops in the middle of nowhere which I've gotten used to from the regular taxis. This is of course purely personal observation based on a few instances, but besides noticing these impressive vehicles for their looks I noticed that the behaviour of the few I came across contrasted sharply with the usual taxis.

yup this manner of driving is the best

but of course when there is a time to drive fast....drive fast...

Not forgetting they are the only taxi that comes with HID....very bright if I may add.

Azeras come with HIDs too. And yeah.

These cabbies must have prior experience driving limo cabs in the first place before they are qualified for the Chrysler cabs. Must be able to speak Ang Moh too.

Edited by Alfisti168

Not really, saw one picked up a fare at Turf City Taxi Stand last Sat. Don't think they can survive alone on hotels and corporate accounts.

But i ever saw it pull up to the taxi stand .. and no one wants to get into it .. though the taxi queue was long .. ha .. [sweatdrop]

yup this manner of driving is the best

but of course when there is a time to drive fast....drive fast...

Well, well mannered you may say, but that's not what I observed on those I encountered along PIE.

They put on the pseudo menacing parking / fog lamp combo, zoom at highspeed from far behind right down to your tail, then perform that classic maneuver of alternate switching between your rear left and right, while dangerously closing the gap to your rear, hinting that you're a slow poke that should buzz off the road.

Well, well mannered you may say, but that's not what I observed on those I encountered along PIE.

They put on the pseudo menacing parking / fog lamp combo, zoom at highspeed from far behind right down to your tail, then perform that classic maneuver of alternate switching between your rear left and right, while dangerously closing the gap to your rear, hinting that you're a slow poke that should buzz off the road.

Uu sure its a 300C taxi that's doing that??

There are private black 300Cs around also... and they really look identical to the taxi, sans the HIRED above the roof.

Yeah, noticed that these cabs are better behaved on the roads. Bro Siewss would beg to differ I'm afraid! But his encounter was the exception. I think, the view presented above seems very much to represent the majority of these Chrysler cabs. And that to me is already a step in the right direction [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement