HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

Thargor

HDB property prices  

39 members have voted

1. 1. HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce? What will be an ideal situation for you?

• HDB prices to maintain at the existing level
    • HDB prices to decrease by 20% or lesser
    • HDB prices to decrease by more than 20%
    • HDB prices to increase by up to 20%
    • HDB prices to increase by more than 20%

Dear All,

I am just curious, having seen all the HDB property prices related threads, do you seriously want HDB prices to fall?

I guess this poll/question will attract different responses, depending on your situation or life cycle stages you're in. Come share your opinons... [grouphug]

Thargor

↡ Advertisement

Dear All,

I am just curious, having seen all the HDB property prices related threads, do you seriously want HDB prices to fall?

I guess this poll/question will attract different responses, depending on your situation or life cycle stages you're in. Come share your opinons... [grouphug]

Thargor

you forgot to add an option " I don't really care"

Dear All,

Thargor

I own a HDB flat, of couse i want the price to increase. do the most of us understand how does last year Economic Crisis come about? it is because the price of property droped badly and many ppl in US decided that they do not want to pay the installment. when that happen, bank suddenly got no money to collect from hence no money to lend others. so if price in singapore drop, i fear that same thing might happen. (but i think unlikely cause we all know singaporean very kiasu and kia see)

HDB not gona listen to us anyway........why the need to create so many threads ? [hur]

1 or 2 threads to let out steam TCSS is more than enough.........the other threads are just wasting time.

Actually I voted for prices to increase.

Reason for the poll is simple...if lotsa pple vote for prices to increase...then folks who are here to lament about HBD prices will know they are talking to the wrong unsympathetic crowd who dun empathize with their situation... [flowerface]

Here so many HDB owners, sure they want the price to go up and up and up forever and ever and then beyond.

Just let your vote in the coming election do the talking.

Most important, REMEMBER today's housing situation when you VOTE.

I have voted to keep the HDB price at the existing level.

I don't own a HDB flat and the price up or down doesn't affect me. But think of our children and some youngsters who are struggling to save enough money for a flat, it is good to keep at the existing price for a while. After all, HDB prices have been increasing rapidly during the past few months.

In the long run, HDB prices should go in line with economy inflation so that existing owner will not lose out and new buyers still can affort to get one. Prices go up to fast will create property bubble and finally market crash.

Here so many HDB owners, sure they want the price to go up and up and up forever and ever and then beyond.

Just let your vote in the coming election do the talking.

Most important, REMEMBER today's housing situation when you VOTE.

think about it, if the vote is based on the price of HDB, they will still win. cause there is more hdb owners then people with no flat and is looking for one.

think about it, if the vote is based on the price of HDB, they will still win. cause there is more hdb owners then people with no flat and is looking for one.

It's ok. This is just one of their many cockups. Every cockup will piss a group of people. Add up all these groups together, and they will see their winning margin get smaller and smaller.

It's ok. This is just one of their many cockups. Every cockup will piss a group of people. Add up all these groups together, and they will see their winning margin get smaller and smaller.

All they need is to introduce one money giving package, the vote will flood back liao lah...

I strongly feel that it should maintain at current price or upwards but take away the COV. The system is simply dumb. Whats the point of having a valuation by HDB in the first place?

The COV is actually the real reflection of the House Valuation. COV is there for the purpose of limiting our use of our CPF. Also governement dont want people to do Cash Back in HDB re-sale. it is illegal in singapore but very difficult to catch if no one own up. So having a COV will restrict your selling/buying price for cash back unless you are selling below valuation.

Actually I voted for prices to increase.

Reason for the poll is simple...if lotsa pple vote for prices to increase...then folks who are here to lament about HBD prices will know they are talking to the wrong unsympathetic crowd who dun empathize with their situation... [flowerface]

good luck to your kids [thumbsup]

most importantly is people's salary got increase or not. this HDB thing is just a farce to keep people enslaved to the country.

glad i bought my HDB for under 100k just abt 2 years back, 9 mins walk from bukit batok MRT [lipsrsealed]

i voted for decrease btw. i believe people should have real investments, or savings, and not rely on some artificially inflated public housing

I own a HDB flat, of couse i want the price to increase. do the most of us understand how does last year Economic Crisis come about? it is because the price of property droped badly and many ppl in US decided that they do not want to pay the installment. when that happen, bank suddenly got no money to collect from hence no money to lend others. so if price in singapore drop, i fear that same thing might happen. (but i think unlikely cause we all know singaporean very kiasu and kia see)

Err... if you are referring to the situation over in US just a year plus ago, it's more the case that the banks did not really assess their lenders ability to service the loan and approved any amount... resulting in low income folks buying up really expensives homes that they could not really pay off and pushing up property prices to rediculous levels... while getting by on paying for the minimum amount for each installment.

Much like buying a mansion on credit card and paying the minimum $50 each month.

good luck to your kids [thumbsup]

most importantly is people's salary got increase or not. this HDB thing is just a farce to keep people enslaved to the country.

glad i bought my HDB for under 100k just abt 2 years back, 9 mins walk from bukit batok MRT [lipsrsealed]

i voted for decrease btw. i believe people should have real investments, or savings, and not rely on some artificially inflated public housing

Artifical inflation or should we call it regulation of prices is everwhere. Pte property are in the same fate, artifically driven upwards. I am sure every home owner wish to retain their house value and not like cars.

In the case of HDB, prices have risen but if compared to the last high back 12 to 13 years ago, is it really so high? We have to factor in inflation over all these years, GDP growth was like 4 to 6% for the last 10 years.

Dear All,

Thargor

I don't see any reason for HDB to fall. They are controlled by valuation by the govt. It is part of the govt's asset enhancement concept.

The only group of people wishing prices to fall are those who wants to buy it. But after they had bought a unit, do they wish the prices to fall? I am sure they won't want to see that happening.

Err... if you are referring to the situation over in US just a year plus ago, it's more the case that the banks did not really assess their lenders ability to service the loan and approved any amount... resulting in low income folks buying up really expensives homes that they could not really pay off and pushing up property prices to rediculous levels... while getting by on paying for the minimum amount for each installment.

Much like buying a mansion on credit card and paying the minimum $50 each month.

The problem does not come because bank dont assess their lenders. the problem is actually with their law loop hole. from what i heard from a friend who had study and worked in USA for 6 years. she mention that their bankruptcy system is like s--t. if you become bankrupt, even if the debts is big, you only need 3 years then you will automatically be out of bankruptcy, and you dont have to pay a single cents. that is why it is not uncommon for their youth in the 20s to be bankrupt 3 times. Plus personally i think they have a welfare allowance for poor and jobless(do they have? i have the impression that they have), this also make it more easy and viable to declare bankrupt and live on the governement. hence when housing price drop. they do not want to finance a hse at a loss, hence they will just stop payment.

Edited by Joseph22
↡ Advertisement