HDB EPS cashcard parking quries.

Eastsidex

Hi bro and sis,

My scenario is:

I just went through HDB cashcard parking system at boon keng without cash card in and out. I forgot to insert in. When I come out of the gantry, there was a "TEEE" on my erp unit and then i went off after the plank lift up. I caught a glace from the display, only the bottom part. It says pls insert cashcard.

My question is:

1)Will i get fined via letter?

2)Why did the plank lift up if one doesn't have the cashcard in it?

3)There was an allowance of 10 min/ sunday free parking, is it if within these limits , we can go in and out without cash card?

Pls advise.

Regards,

Sk

↡ Advertisement

This happened to you on a Sunday, right? If the carpark offers free parking on Sundays (and public holidays), then you will not be charged. Does not matter if there's a cashcard in the IU or not. If the barrier lifts up, that means you are free to go. Don't worry, the "TEEE!" sound is normal. If you are required to pay, the barrier will not open till you insert a cashcard into the IU.

wierdly it happens to me at an erp carpark in the east leh... go in nvr beep, go out never deduct... dunno why also.. but no complains lah.. haha.. too bad it happens very occasionally..

I just came out from one HDB carpark and the gantry didn't deduct from my cash card.

I stopped at the gantry and the gantry showed the amount I need to pay but the gantry never deduct and lift up barrier for me to go through.

Will I be fined for not paying even though it isn't my fault the gantry never deduct?

Whiteberry, on 22 Jan 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

I just came out from one HDB carpark and the gantry didn't deduct from my cash card.

I stopped at the gantry and the gantry showed the amount I need to pay but the gantry never deduct and lift up barrier for me to go through.

Will I be fined for not paying even though it isn't my fault the gantry never deduct?

lucky you. not your fault.. no worries

• Praise 1

Congrats, you got free parking. Thank your lucky stars and continue on your way...

If you really get a fine, you can always say you thought it deducted, that's why the barrier opened. Not everyone will look at their IU display to confirm the parking fee is deducted :)

deducted from the cloud

Borrow this thread to ask, how long does it take for the application to be in effect for HDB park that is EPS? Immediate if I go down to the branch to apply? and need to submit the IU no. rite?

For HDB EPS carpark season parking, how long does it take for it to be in effect after application? Immediate if I go down to HDB branch to apply? Requires vehicle IU no. rite?

For HDB EPS carpark season parking, how long does it take for it to be in effect after application? Immediate if I go down to HDB branch to apply? Requires vehicle IU no. rite?

go down to your HDB branch office if you FREE or apply online also can

www.hdb.gov.sg - go to MY HDBPAGE

eh you posted in other thread and post here

online can do,.

oh, becos here is sub section of a particular car made, so I think to post in general will be more relevant to my query.

I know online can apply, but I also require a new RFID tag, so still need to go down to the branch to get one I think. Just want to find out also if it is immediate, even if I apply online.

oh, becos here is sub section of a particular car made, so I think to post in general will be more relevant to my query.

I know online can apply, but I also require a new RFID tag, so still need to go down to the branch to get one I think. Just want to find out also if it is immediate, even if I apply online.

first time is better to do it on the spot cos they need the particular, the activation is immediate if i'm not wrong.

• Praise 1

valid point. thanks

moved to general discussion folder

• Praise 1

Assume this scenario: I use the night parking coupon at carpark A. A few hours later, I enter carpark B which uses electronic parking and charged $4 again for overnight parking.

It means I have to pay 2 x night parking fee? Possible to request for waiver if I have already paid using coupon?

↡ Advertisement