Ba Kwa price to go up before CNY 2010

Berncsp76

Haha...I never buy ba kwa from SG for a long long time... I got my lobang to bring in from Boleh Land... [sly] cheaper by at least half and more jucier...yum yum [laugh] what for queue and queue, especially now the truth is out.. IMO i thk the LCG boss dun wana pay more for the raw meat so the supplier decided to strike out on his own again as they had some outlet previously but closed due to financial crisis more than a decade back. No wonder why LCG always so expensive... [lipsrsealed]

http://news.omy.sg/News/Local%2BNews/Story...512-113441.html

For the upcoming Chinese New Year 2010, price for the ever popular ba kwa will increase by 7% to 10%, due to the rise in raw meat.

All owners from popular ba kwa shops mentioned that the main ingridient, processed raw pork, has risen its pricing to about 10 to 20%, as well as the price increase of sugar which has just risen to an additional of 5%.

Currently, the popular ba kwa pricing are hovering around $42 to $45 per kg.

As the economy slowly recovers from the slump from last year, the pricing of the CNY must-have will most probably break this year's record of $50 per kg.

The recent gossip on the unnamed ba kwa supplier (Kim Joo Guan) for Lim Chee Guan has also surfaced and opened its own outlet in North Bridge Road, with aggressive marketing campaign enticing customers through SMSes and Facebook Therefore a heated ba kwa war is inevitable between them as well as other popular brands such as Bee Cheng Hiang, Fragrance and other smaller ba kwa shops around the Chinatown area. Will there be a price slashing or will it be another oligopoly dominance?Stay tuned...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/KIM-JOO-GUAN...5..1&v=wall

来临农历新年 肉干料会涨7至10%

由于原材料价格上涨,明年春节期间的肉干价格也会水涨船高。

业内人士反映,在接近年关时,肉干价格将会

post-51509-1261062745_thumb.jpg

post-51509-1261062774_thumb.jpg

Edited by Berncsp76
↡ Advertisement

When you want to eat you will buy regardless the price, but maybe on a smaller quantity, I kinda notice the younger generation don't really go for the egg rolls and stuff but go for potato chips and chocolates.