Side Gapping and Indexing Your plugs

Nmnhnlm

http://www.sr20-forum.com/naturally-aspira...park-plugs.html

Check out the 1st post. Its very old skool stuff but its tried and tested and proven. You get free ponies for nothing.

Btw, I finally decided to side gap my plugs as well. Its Denso Iridium plugs. I didn't take any pics because pictorial instructions are already widely available. I don't have an electric tool so use a micro file and file down the ground electrode. Told me almost 1 1/2hrs for 4 plugs. Tiring man.....

After I file down the electrode. I chamfer and sand all the sharp edges in order to prevent any hot spots. Important esp. for Turbo engines. Don't want any risk of detonation. After that, just regap the plug to 0.35mm. Gapping tool bought from autobacs.

What I can say is SHIOK! Idle is smoother. Low end is better and engine vibrate less esp. when you are dragging it. I can now change to 5th gear at 50KM/H. Previously need 60 else no power and engine will vibrate alot. Didn't test much of high end but I don't think I can feel that few extra HP.

This mod will certain improve my FC since I can shift gears at lower RPM.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

yeah, its proven and like you said, really an old school stuff but works.

sound tiring work you have just commited, i wish to learn too. keke, but for all i know. mine is not easy..

running a renault d4f engine, one of the few engine that plugs really sit deep in.

i repeat, deep in.

thus the plug cable piston are also kinda long..

keke, if you want to venture on this, let me know. i'm keen to learn from you.

buy you a few beer lah [laugh]

↡ Advertisement