Mitsubishi Colt Turbo Ralliart

Zafchen

Neutral Newbie

After much consideration... plan to change my current ride from Subaru TS to Mit Colt Turbo...

Any bro here having the same ride and how the feedback?

Doesnt matter u own a Colt turbo or a Colt Plus Turbo.. your feedback is appreciated [cool]

↡ Advertisement

personally good choice

subaru engine is very rough meaning parts needs to be change every time and FC on a subaru is Bad drove 1 for rent previously.

i driving a CPT really smooth drive dun even feel the gear change for auto. and when u bored can play with the gear shift.

smooth drive but u might wanna put some extra rubber in between the doors to stop the air noise when travelling fast. oh ya join the ctf forums too :)

Neutral Newbie

personally good choice

subaru engine is very rough meaning parts needs to be change every time and FC on a subaru is Bad drove 1 for rent previously.

i driving a CPT really smooth drive dun even feel the gear change for auto. and when u bored can play with the gear shift.

smooth drive but u might wanna put some extra rubber in between the doors to stop the air noise when travelling fast. oh ya join the ctf forums too :)

Thanks bro for yr feedback, do u mind type the link of the forum here? :D

the CPT is a CVT, not auto transmission so there obviously won't be any gear changes that you can feel. Same for the C&C CVR. Will recommend the PI manual version instead...

Neutral Newbie

the CPT is a CVT, not auto transmission so there obviously won't be any gear changes that you can feel. Same for the C&C CVR. Will recommend the PI manual version instead...

manual for me is ok but due to my wife is getting her lic soon.. have to give up this man [laugh]

Owned a version R for 1.5years

Good point:

- Light boosted turbo, a good balance of power and FC (ave 12km/l combined, ave-footed driving).

- Handling of the ride, it may be high but still handles confidently, steering is well-weighted to give confidence when attacking the corners.

- Exhaust note humbly quiet yet bassy, not attention seeking while wife friendly

- Very spacious, boot size and adjustable and only second to the Honda Jazz.

- Average maintenance like a NA car, small turbo is very esy to maintain. Allow you to upkeep a turbo car at NA budget

- May not be faster than most bigger TC cars, but still leaves the norm traffic behind.

- AD's HU comes with Bluetooth handsfree....GOOD!

Weaker points:

- CVT gear, after awhile you'll find it draggy as CVT acceleration is a gradual thing, no significant turbo kick will be felt in a CVT mode. But luckily you can still switch to tiptronic manual to attack the corners, very addictive :)

- It's tall. Almost like a MPV height. But that also mean higher sitting position.

- More bumpy than normal car due to sporty suspension, but trust me within 2 weeks you and your family will get used to it.

- Due to it's sporty nature, wide turning radius, forget about u-turns in narrow roads.

- Abundant parts from big names from Japan like HKS, Cusco, YR advance etc.... but limited parts from elsewhere.

CVT vs MT

- MT has 210nm of torque at the range of 2.5k to 4k rpm, CVT is detuned to 180nm(like most 2.0 cars) to preserve the CVT gearbox's lifespan

- MT has Getrag clutch, CVT is 6 speed tiptronic

- MT has ACS controls, CVT does not had ACS

- MT only PI, CVT from AD

- MT more exp

Edited by Pocus

Neutral Newbie

Owned a version R for 1.5years

Good point:

- Light boosted turbo, a good balance of power and FC (ave 12km/l combined, ave-footed driving).

- Handling of the ride, it may be high but still handles confidently, steering is well-weighted to give confidence when attacking the corners.

- Exhaust note humbly quiet yet bassy, not attention seeking while wife friendly

- Very spacious, boot size and adjustable and only second to the Honda Jazz.

- Average maintenance like a NA car, small turbo is very esy to maintain. Allow you to upkeep a turbo car at NA budget

- May not be faster than most bigger TC cars, but still leaves the norm traffic behind.

- AD's HU comes with Bluetooth handsfree....GOOD!

Weaker points:

- CVT gear, after awhile you'll find it draggy as CVT acceleration is a gradual thing, no significant turbo kick will be felt in a CVT mode. But luckily you can still switch to tiptronic manual to attack the corners, very addictive :)

- It's tall. Almost like a MPV height. But that also mean higher sitting position.

- More bumpy than normal car due to sporty suspension, but trust me within 2 weeks you and your family will get used to it.

- Due to it's sporty nature, wide turning radius, forget about u-turns in narrow roads.

- Abundant parts from big names from Japan like HKS, Cusco, YR advance etc.... but limited parts from elsewhere.

CVT vs MT

- MT has 210nm of torque at the range of 2.5k to 4k rpm, CVT is detuned to 180nm(like most 2.0 cars) to preserve the CVT gearbox's lifespan

- MT has Getrag clutch, CVT is 6 speed tiptronic

- MT has ACS controls, CVT does not had ACS

- MT only PI, CVT from AD

- MT more exp

thanks bro.. for yr informative feedback... yr the cvt might be the draw back for this turbo car.. but i most of the time is driving slowly only while overtaking i need the power.. and this car suit my driving style.. find that my current ride subaru is poor in this..

thanks bro.. for yr informative feedback... yr the cvt might be the draw back for this turbo car.. but i most of the time is driving slowly only while overtaking i need the power.. and this car suit my driving style.. find that my current ride subaru is poor in this..

Well, if you're feeling sporty you can always drag the gears in manual mode, The 1st 3 gears are pretty short and strong and can still feel the light-headness. by 4th gear more than 100km/h liao LOL

But we don't drive tiptronic everyday lah and such dragging is not very healthy to CVT gearbox anyway.

On a light-footed tank I can get around 13km/l, but on a sporty tank I can get only 11km/l [:p]

Anyway if your have the budget, there are also a few cars like the Colt that you can consider:

- Fiat Bravo T-jet

- VW jetta Tsi

- AR Mito

Edited by Pocus

Neutral Newbie

Well, if you're feeling sporty you can always drag the gears in manual mode, The 1st 3 gears are pretty short and strong and can still feel the light-headness. by 4th gear more than 100km/h liao LOL

But we don't drive tiptronic everyday lah and such dragging is not very healthy to CVT gearbox anyway.

On a light-footed tank I can get around 13km/l, but on a sporty tank I can get only 11km/l [:p]

Anyway if your have the budget, there are also a few cars like the Colt that you can consider:

- Fiat Bravo T-jet

- VW jetta Tsi

- AR Mito

thanks bro for yr feedback... will take yr advise into consideration... [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Hihi there...

It's a good car...insurance is cheap if u r over 30yrs n with 50% ncd

fc also is good....Maintenance not that high...

Juz got to get used to cvt drives...

If u doing sales wif this car then it's recommended...

Dun ever get a wrx...insurance a killer!

Neutral Newbie

Hihi there...

yea... no need insurance.. petrol will kill me first... [laugh]....

Hihi there...

Oh yes, forgot about insurance.

I was quoted 1.4+k for 40% NCD by Liberty.

My Swift was 1.3+k!! [bigcry]

don't need to be a maths genius to do know the worth..

Oh, also, the stock car used Neova AD07. They may be noisy but they are one of the best dry grip tyres in the market.

Edited by Pocus

Oh yes, forgot about insurance.

I was quoted 1.4+k for 40% NCD by Liberty.

My Swift was 1.3+k!! [bigcry]

don't need to be a maths genius to do know the worth..

You are refering to Colt Plus R insurance??