2010 Ford S-Max - Coming March 2010

MadDog70

What's the diff btwn the current and new?

-------------

Nvm, found it. For everyone's benefit.

Ford have been having a play with the Galaxy and the S-Max, and have revealed a facelift for 2010 but, more importantly, the Ecoboost engines.

The new Ecoboost engine does that great trick of offering more power for less emissions and decent economy. The new 2,0 litre model – badged up as the STCi – manages to deliver 200bhp and 221lb/ft of torque which gives a 0-60mph of not a lot over 8 seconds, an improvement of around 2.0 seconds on the outgoing 2.3 litre. It also manages to cut C02 emissions by 19% and manages 34.8mpg.

But it’s not just the petrol engine option that gets a work over; the diesels do too. The 2.0 litre comes in three versions – 113bhp, 118bhp and 161bhp – offering CO2 emissions as low as 152g/km and economy of 49.5 mpg. Good figures. Ford’s Powershift dual-clutch gearbox is standard on the 2.0 litre petrol and an option on the diesels.

But Ford haven’t stopped with the oily bits, they’ve also had a play all round for 2010. The interior now gets Ford’s clever Fold Flat System for the back two rows of seats improve load carrying. There are new colours and trim and the facia gets a redesign.

Outside there are LED tail-lights, with LED running lights at the front on top-end S-Max models. The bonnet and grills gets a tweak, and the Galaxy also gets new roof rails and fogs. The tailgate on the S-Max also gets a reshape. There are also some new toys, including a rear camera and blind-spot monitor.

Both the new S-Max and the new Galaxy will debut at the Brussels Motor Show in Janaury before going on sale.

Read more: http://www.carsuk.net/ford-s-max-2010-and-.../#ixzz0fxWpyCyf

Edited by Tonicwater

Made in Turkey no good?

been to Turkey many years ago. Find that their culture is like China, like to cut corners and exploit their cheap labour, so I still can't bring myself to trust their products.

The current S-Max is nice. What I didn't like about the current S-Max is their bucket seats. It makes moving around for the rear passengers impossible. I know the passengers are supposed to sit quietly in their places, well buckled up. It's for safety reasons. Other than that, the current S-Max seems very well designed. I'm sure the new S-Max will be even better. Hope the rear seats won't be bucket seats.

too bad it's made in Turkey.

I thought the S-Max is made in Ford Europe's assembly plant at Genk, Belgium?

Ford's production plant at Kocaeli, Turkey makes the Transit van.

Edited by Flying_genie

current S-Max made in Belgium leh...

not sure about the new ones though...

the current S-Max 2.3L retailing at $99,900 now...

i seriously don't think the new 2010 Facelift S-Max 2.0Ecoboost 200bhp will be below $100k lah...

more like $110k...same spec as current model...

yup...agree with you...

the 2nd row bucket seats quite irritating...cos really limited shoulder-room...

seating in the rear seats also quite uncomfortable...tonnes of legroom, but feel restricted since 2nd row seats individual bucket seats....

3rd row seats like designed for children only leh...but boot space is really huge even with all 7 seats up...

Got the current S-max right before cny & the next day drove to port dickson and melaka for the long long weekend (mileage 1162km covered). With 2 kids (on child car seat), mom & dad, ma wife, the maid and 6 bags for the trip, i could quite said its fully loaded. Quiet & comfortable drive, my kids age 1 & 2 sleep soundly and conversation with all passenger during the drive was quite pleasant due to low noise. The car has enough power to overtake from 100km/hr speed (running in period controlling at <3000rpm) even on long uphill ns-highway without making the engine "grunt". The center and back individual seat was really great to have and both my parents appreciate it. Handling was pretty easy and precise, give you lots of confident. The brake assist was really strong and need to some getting used to especially crawling in traffic jams. Driving view was excellent. Both me and my wife got slight sun-burn due to the large front glass, just need to get a good tinting will help us prepare for the next long trip. Average petrol consumption is 10.1 l/100km, with some area of the highway was congested and driving speed was from 0~40km/hr. Now the car is on 16" wheel, intend to upgrade to 18" soon. It didn't have any spare wheel so make me a little nervous if got a flat, although it comes with euro tire repair kit. Anyway its all safety related! And most important things of all.... That i like the car! And its cool driving it! :wub:

Neutral Newbie

Congratulations on getting the S-max. good choice dude.

I tried the mondeo and was taken by it but wifey didn't like the brand although she was quite ok with the car itself.

How did you convince your wifey?

↡ Advertisement