DC5 GSR vs DCR type S (JDM)

IDrago

Hi Friends... Need your thoughts on the subject again...

Namely what are the pros and cons of each of them (DC5 GSR) & (DC5 type S JDM)

Would really appreciate if friends here DO NOT side track into stuffs like "Bro, Go for Type R" with reasons being, yeah, R is cool, but out of my range!!! [bigcry]

Thanks in advance!!! [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Negligible difference. Just buy the one with better value.

Alternatively go to www.integra.sg for more info.

Thanks bro!! [:)]

In case you really want to know. I give you a big hint.

The DC5 type S got speed cut at 180km/hr. The GSR does not.........

[sly]

wow... I smell a petrolhead here!! lol!! [laugh]

Hi Friends... Need your thoughts on the subject again...

Namely what are the pros and cons of each of them (DC5 GSR) & (DC5 type S JDM)

Would really appreciate if friends here DO NOT side track into stuffs like "Bro, Go for Type R" with reasons being, yeah, R is cool, but out of my range!!! [bigcry]

Thanks in advance!!! [:)]

hmm. Sunroof (GSR) vs No Sunroof (Most Type S, reported someone PI in type S with sunroof). Sunroof = higher insurance premium for most insurers, adddtional item to maintain. My brother had trouble closing the sunroof once and had to go to kah motor for help. Nowadays I don't use it =p

Auto available for GSR, JDM Type S only manual locally.

hmm. Sunroof (GSR) vs No Sunroof (Most Type S, reported someone PI in type S with sunroof). Sunroof = higher insurance premium for most insurers, adddtional item to maintain. My brother had trouble closing the sunroof once and had to go to kah motor for help. Nowadays I don't use it =p

Auto available for GSR, JDM Type S only manual locally.

Wow.. thanks for the inputs... how bout the performance... shouldnt differ much rite??

Engine-wise both use the same.

Omv-wise, for the same yr, the type s is much higher. diff of 5-7k.

type-s does not come with sunroof but comes with factory fitted struts.

Thanks bro... is there any distinct advantage of whichever model that pertains to speed or handling??

Wow.. thanks for the inputs... how bout the performance... shouldnt differ much rite??

Perf wise if you getting same manual transmission and stock settings shouldn't differ much as they using same engine as pointed out by kungming. Handling wise, I don't think (imho) you will see a huge difference, there are things you can do to improve it e.g. increasing your tire width, adding struts bar (subjective sometimes) etc.

Auto GSR depending on what you did to your car and driving habits, typically FC around 9-11 km per litre for 17" tires. One thing i like about the car is the steering feels relatively 'heavy', just a personal thing =)

On surface, minimal differences other than sunroof for GSR and no sunroof for JDM Type S. But massive difference under the skin. Strengthened facelifted chassis compared to the GSR which is only pre-FL chassis specs. Significantly different undercarriage parts, thicker driveshafts, improved brakes system components etc. Other than the engine, which is still same as GSR, and no sunroof, the FL JDM type S is better in every way than the GSR.

On surface, minimal differences other than sunroof for GSR and no sunroof for JDM Type S. But massive difference under the skin. Strengthened facelifted chassis compared to the GSR which is only pre-FL chassis specs. Significantly different undercarriage parts, thicker driveshafts, improved brakes system components etc. Other than the engine, which is still same as GSR, and no sunroof, the FL JDM type S is better in every way than the GSR.

Thanks for enlightening!!! [:)]

Any idea how whats the difference in insuring each vehicle... Type S which is sans sunroof should be cheaper rite bro??

Wow... impressive analysis.. [:)]

And factory fitted HID too...