Thinking of getting this Chevrolet Aveo5 1.4M

Jlyb86

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

any idea how is the FC for aveo? actually wanted kia rio as price more competitive.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...330&DL=2034

Price $22,300

Road tax

$626 per year

Transmission Manual

Engine cap 1399 cc

Reg date 07-Mar-2006

Mileage 44,523 km

ccessories 15" Sports Rims, Leather Seats, Full Bodykit, Parking Sensors, Solar Films, Rain Visor.

Description 1 Owner, Sporty Hatchback Car, Reliable And Affordable Instalment At $340 Nett With $0 Downpayment.

COE

$10,103

OMV

$9,382

Depreciation

$2,818 per year

No. of owners 1

All comments welcome..

↡ Advertisement

thru my own experience, aveo5 is a very reliable car. i own 1 for almost 5 yrs now...n nvr once give me any prob. all i had to do was send it for normal servicing. last full tank i got slightly more then 12km/l, which i tink is gd enuf. a bit slow on the pick up, but no prob overtaking. if it suits ur needs, i would recommend the car. mine will b gone to b scrapped tonight...so sad....

Edited by Shorty

Aveo5 M is good buy, provided u get it at the right price.

My min FC is 12km/L and max is 17km/L on NSH. Car is heavy, so for city driving the FC sux.

Avg FC for light footer like me = 13.5....

Note Facelifted aveo5 some difference from old aveo5.

old aveo5

- the thermostat housing is using plastic, will break as a std wear and tear after some time. Can change to aluminium at RDY.

- Stock suspension is oil type. once leak oil means spoil liao, and it happens also as a form of wear and tear.

new aveo5

- aluminium thermostat

- gas shocks.

Getz,Aveo5,Rio all not much diff de. Point A to B budget car.. But my understanding is that Rio feels lighter. Just go with the 1 u like lor. If u buy manual, wun go wrong with any of the choices.

Aveo5 M is good buy, provided u get it at the right price.

My min FC is 12km/L and max is 17km/L on NSH. Car is heavy, so for city driving the FC sux.

Avg FC for light footer like me = 13.5....

Note Facelifted aveo5 some difference from old aveo5.

old aveo5

- the thermostat housing is using plastic, will break as a std wear and tear after some time. Can change to aluminium at RDY.

- Stock suspension is oil type. once leak oil means spoil liao, and it happens also as a form of wear and tear.

new aveo5

- aluminium thermostat

- gas shocks.

Getz,Aveo5,Rio all not much diff de. Point A to B budget car.. But my understanding is that Rio feels lighter. Just go with the 1 u like lor. If u buy manual, wun go wrong with any of the choices.

which year is new aveo5?

Hi guys,

any idea how is the FC for aveo? actually wanted kia rio as price more competitive.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...330&DL=2034

Price $22,300

Road tax

$626 per year

Transmission Manual

Engine cap 1399 cc

Reg date 07-Mar-2006

Mileage 44,523 km

ccessories 15" Sports Rims, Leather Seats, Full Bodykit, Parking Sensors, Solar Films, Rain Visor.

Description 1 Owner, Sporty Hatchback Car, Reliable And Affordable Instalment At $340 Nett With $0 Downpayment.

COE

$10,103

OMV

$9,382

Depreciation

$2,818 per year

No. of owners 1

All comments welcome..

the aveo is a gd buy... not very sure about the rio though..

i have a friend who own the aveo and he is definitely not the best driver ard... in fact he 'abuses' his car everyday... haha!

but the car still alive n kicking... only the air con got problem once...

myself i own a aveo5 MT got it for around 1.5yrs till date. total almost 4.5yrs old.

its like the more u drive the more u grow to love the car.

FC wise im heavy foot once a while. avg is around 12+km/L im on 15" and lowered btw..

car is heavy but very stable. on NSH i once did 180km/h and the ride was still pretty stable. no vibration or floaty feel

pickup wise, i think the ex owner did some minor mods which i cant seem to identify or see. and i pretty much didnt bother. so end result the power is quite there. its not fast but decent. maybe tyhe transmission makes a difference too.

however, the handling wise isnt up to my standard as compared to my other polo. after i lowered its slightly better. mayb a feel bars will help but nah i cant justify spending the money.

i did over the past 20 months was to lower using apex spring, upsize to 15" and just normal servicing. oh.. i did a major one in sep last year, changed all fluids and timing belt. changed the compressor and rotor and pads as the car is coming 5 soon. pretty much set me back around $1.4k

serving me well during this period.

i do wanna warn u thou, there are quite a number of lemons in the mkt u might wanna seek opinion from teamchevy . com . sg

myself i own a aveo5 MT got it for around 1.5yrs till date. total almost 4.5yrs old.

its like the more u drive the more u grow to love the car.

FC wise im heavy foot once a while. avg is around 12+km/L im on 15" and lowered btw..

car is heavy but very stable. on NSH i once did 180km/h and the ride was still pretty stable. no vibration or floaty feel

pickup wise, i think the ex owner did some minor mods which i cant seem to identify or see. and i pretty much didnt bother. so end result the power is quite there. its not fast but decent. maybe tyhe transmission makes a difference too.

however, the handling wise isnt up to my standard as compared to my other polo. after i lowered its slightly better. mayb a feel bars will help but nah i cant justify spending the money.

i did over the past 20 months was to lower using apex spring, upsize to 15" and just normal servicing. oh.. i did a major one in sep last year, changed all fluids and timing belt. changed the compressor and rotor and pads as the car is coming 5 soon. pretty much set me back around $1.4k

serving me well during this period.

i do wanna warn u thou, there are quite a number of lemons in the mkt u might wanna seek opinion from teamchevy . com . sg

Huh... bro, ur compressor ard 5 years kong?

Huh... bro, ur compressor ard 5 years kong?

it was still darn cold... but the compressor bearing very noisy... like anytime gonna up lorry so just changed it. it was bought 2nd hand from a guy on teamchevy. he selling the car so i offer to swap. i think i paid less than $100 for a 6mth old compressor. lol

Neutral Newbie

the car dealer changed the price from 22k to 24k immediately once i called. not very honest..

Asked him about this he say they put wrongly..

Neutral Newbie

a 2nd hand getz 1.6 is abt the same price too. why not consider tat?

getz actually ok, but somehow dont have the 'feel' for it:)

Hypersonic

the car dealer changed the price from 22k to 24k immediately once i called. not very honest..

Then you better be careful dealing with this type of car dealer...

Might be more worth to buy a brand new 1....

at 20k COE, a new MT Aveo5 is only ard 41999.. thats v cheap.

Neutral Newbie

hah no wonder why i went to tat site and saw different prices.

↡ Advertisement