1E Carburettor Overhaul

Simnon

Would like to know if anyone can recommend a workshop which could do a overhaul of the carburettor.

Tried using the carburettor cleaner, but the response of accerelation is not good and suspect to be due to a dirty or faulty carburettor

However, do not have the knowledge or tools to DIY...

↡ Advertisement

Would like to know if anyone can recommend a workshop which could do a overhaul of the carburettor.

Tried using the carburettor cleaner, but the response of accerelation is not good and suspect to be due to a dirty or faulty carburettor

=====================

Maybe u try to get the carb overhaul kit which has the gaskets & all other small parts needed to change the worn out parts in the carb.

Bring to any good & experienced mech to do the overhaul.

I dont suggest you give to those newbies MY mechs who will tell u they can do, no prob but actually they just want to learn how to do & wil use your carb as a training tool. Later it wil have all sorts problems.

I had my earlir carb cars repaired by m current mech & he did a very good job. [thumbsup]

Saber from Sin Ming will be able to get you a decent working condition 1E carburettor within a decent period of time. Think majority of Starlet owners here would have visited Saber, I'm sure he would be recommended without any hesitation.

Personally, I changed a 1E carburettor about 3-4 months ago at Saber's, works fine and gives me decent mileage for my ride (+/-460km). I gave him about 1 week's notice on my intention to change my carburettor, we set a date and time and he had it all arranged. Installation + tuning timing, all done it about 2hrs.

Cost wise, it'll be best to check with Saber himself.

Hi guys,

anyone knows where to find a base plate for K&N filter to fit 3E carb? I have a K&N filter that has a baseplate for SU, but I need to fit it onto a 3E stock carb. Tried Saber and he says have to purchase the whole filter to get the base plate. Anyone has an old spare lying around somewhere?

Chris

hp:92380250

Here's an advise if you wanna listen. (I'm assuming you're driving a 1E from your post)

Save money and get a new Aisan 1.3 carburettor and get the workshop to fix it for you. Dont waste your time overhaulin etc, It makes a whole new difference to the EP80. Take it from me, my 1E runs at a top speed of 185km/h.

Thanks bro, but I doubt I have the time or the will to go and scrounge scrapyards, and still end up not finding it. Well, heck it then. Probably have to buy new. Was just hoping that a brother would have one lying around somewhere.

Here's an advise if you wanna listen. (I'm assuming you're driving a 1E from your post)

Save money and get a new Aisan 1.3 carburettor and get the workshop to fix it for you. Dont waste your time overhaulin etc, It makes a whole new difference to the EP80. Take it from me, my 1E runs at a top speed of 185km/h.

Hi bro, what carb would you recommend for a 2E then? Want good fuel economy with decent pickup.

want power go weber. u cant be wrong. the FC is not as bad as wat some thought. can still get ard 350-400km full tank. u juz need a good pair of hands to tune it and jettings available.

if not lup 4e-fte or if not, change cars liao hehe :D

Hi bro, what carb would you recommend for a 2E then? Want good fuel economy with decent pickup.

Sorry for the late reply bro.

I never used a 2E, but I would assume it would be the Aisan 1.5 carburetor... but for 2E, a good one would be the SU carb. Pretty efficient and easy installation and less hassle for tuning.

Hi bro,

Where can i get a new 2E carb (Aisin or OEM) for my Starlet? Any shops to recommend?

You can try Saber at Blk 18 Sin Ming.... or Simon at Triple H Eunos Industrial you will see a dark blue EP70 parked inside his shop.

Neutral Newbie

You can try Saber at Blk 18 Sin Ming.... or Simon at Triple H Eunos Industrial you will see a dark blue EP70 parked inside his shop.

Try SAWADI Carb .... best!!!

↡ Advertisement