Black Color Car vs Silver : keeping clean

My car color is silver and I find it really easy to maintain the car in terms of looking clean. Even if the car is not washed for a while it looks pretty ok. (unlike a white car which would very easily look black and dusty)

But what about black color cars? some people say black easy to take care, all the dirt is not visible. But some others say not true, black car which is dirty is very obvious.

can I get some feedback from guys who own black cars?

↡ Advertisement

My car color is silver and I find it really easy to maintain the car in terms of looking clean. Even if the car is not washed for a while it looks pretty ok. (unlike a white car which would very easily look black and dusty)

But what about black color cars? some people say black easy to take care, all the dirt is not visible. But some others say not true, black car which is dirty is very obvious.

Yes silver is the easiest color to maintain. I confirm that for you.

Black cars are difficult to maintain but they bring out the shine the most if done well.

Yes, I drive a black car

(edited)

i tink black is even worse to maintain than white cars.... AFter rain, u need to wipe dry immediately, otherwise the watermark will attract dirt and yr whole car will be dirty... esp both the car door areas...

For white car, watermarks not so obvious, but the disadvantage is it will turn yellow and any scratch marks (flying stones, brush against something etc..) will be very obvious...

Minor chips on a black body can be easily touched up using a touchup pen (can buy from DIY store)..... but SG weather alwaz rain, Black is a nitemare unless u hav time n energy to wipe dry after rain....

the only plus point is black car looks damn fierce n gd looking at nite....

Edited by Sunnycrowe

Hypersonic

I own a black car. It is difficult to maintain the work.

Water mark and swirl mark are obvious if not well taken care.

I have driven both black & silver cars. So yes, silver (metallic) is so much easier to maintain than black (gloss).

Like they said, dust made white stuff become dark, & Black stuff to lighter color. Rain spot also become more obvious in flat paintwork compare to metallic.

The good thing about flat paint (especially black) is that they look muct more reflective & shiny after wash & wax.

avoid solid colours like black or white...

i prefer to take bright colour like blue...

but from experience grey is also quite resisitant to dirtying

2 black cars in succession.

So by now i am quite immune to the dirty look of my car , just let it be until i have time to wash it say 2/3 weeks.

Yup after rain the dirt marks especially near door areas will make it dirty looking.

IN spore weather, if i wash today, tomorrow it will rain and then my effort will do down the drain.

I do not go for car wash as i pay $8 for a car not thoroughly cleaned, and when i tell them they will give me a "why so troublesome" look. i have tried different car wash at different .

But to me silver looked too "safe" for me, if you get what i mean. Black is more interesting...

Choose which side you wanna be and be happy about it.

Black is very hard to maintain.

Dirt will be very obvious if there's no proper cleaning and maintaining of the black car.

Silver is much easier to maintain than black...

I have own both silver and black cars.

Silver [thumbsup][thumbsup] 3 mths no wash, dusty but still ok

Black [thumbsdown][thumbsdown] 3 days no wash look so ugly

that's why got colours like the Toyota Medium Silver which is getting too popular, very easy to maintain, yet not as "boring" as plain silver! yes, I got one of those Medium Silver [rifle] but very pleased with it, it's way too common but I still like this colour;

other colours I like are maroon metallic, te-gua ang (raw liver colour :D ), sky blue, or beige metallic--note BEIGE, not champagne gold! Not a fan of black, but I agree very sleek, and absolutely beautiful at night when cleaned to a shine [;)]

white cars not really, because if 1-2 months don't wash, the door handles and side mirror will have crying marks (like lady wear mascara then tears wash the black down the cheeks), and then difficult to clean it away already [smash]

BR,

Kenny

If you belongs to ku lat type who can spend hours waxing and polishing every week, black color is suitable for u. Yes black brings out the bodyline of the car better.

Turbocharged

both 2 of my cars r black. 1st car i dun know how to maintain, sent car to those so call paint protection system, experimented different wax, diff diy washing technique, let people wash car, after 5year n 150k km, car is still black but not perfect with lots of fine swirl marks, shine is still minimally there but not perfect.

2nd n current black car now 2 years old, car has minimal swirl marks, perfect shine after each wash. bec from day 1 i minimize sending car to those car wash. i never sent car to those so call paint protection glooming before. no water marks stain or whatever. my car is parked outdoor under sun everyday. bascially how i achieve this:

from day 1, its a series of painful initial protection schedule. i diligently wash myself to minimise swirl marks, follow by using a particular brand of wax which i prefer. for next 1 month, every week i wash n wax my car with the same wax. i repeat this sequel 3x (therefore now my car has 3layer of tough wax to ward off watermarks n birdshits). then 2 weeks later i use another wax to enhance the black shine. i repeat this 2 times. then thereafter i never wash my car every 2 weeks liao, washing interval is around 1month to 1.5 month once, but each time i wash, i wax.

this minimizes the wirl mark, n i normally uses this as form of exercise after dinner. i like to see my black car very very dirty n covered with dust.. but after each wash, it became super clean n shinny black.

Actually the trick to a perfect shine is t

he initial preparation work when car is new, n also the type of wax used, and minimise blanga car wash or petrol. Station car wash. Thereafter its a piece of cake, n do not have to wash all the time n the paintwork will be well prptected. Its a matter of my choice if i prefer my car shiny most of the time or not (wash more often i got fetish of seeing shiny car all the time).

I would choose a black car over silver anytime as i can see my own reflection on a black well waxed car n its very slick when just waxed silver color can never achieve this.

Neutral Newbie

Black cars are not easy to maintain, unless it's matt black!

Yet loh, black car, 3 days after wash, dirty liao. Hard to see at night too, at roads with no street lights (athough few & far between in Sunny Singapore).

Neutral Newbie

i driven cars of a few colours.. yes i do believe silver and metalic grey is the easiest to maintain. with white and black being the worst.

i also feel silver color has the highest resale rate.

↡ Advertisement