This brave insect hitched a ride on my radio antenna

Skxly

Turbocharged
(edited)

Please help me to identify what insect it is. Thanks.

http://singaporemotoring.blogspot.com/2010...tched-ride.html

Think it's a grasshopper.

I was very amazed this this insect cos I ever encounter one on my side window before. When I drive off, the grasshopper just stick there.

when I stop at the traffic light. the grasshopper quickly saliva it's legs one by one with it's mouth like putting saliva on the legs then stick back to the window.

I move off again....it just stick there......80km/h, 90km/h, 120km/h in the expressway....it just stick there!! the grasshopper 's body already flying and wiggling around by the force of the wind but the legs still stick on the window panel solid....like a leave that refuse to shed.

When I reach my destination and parked, I open the door it just hop off without a hoot...like very easy.

I think their legs got some suction and their saliva must be very sticky.

Edited by Pocus

the wonder of the animal/insect kingdom.

they sld do research on the 'glue' used by insects to attach themselves to the window...maybe one day can be mass produce for extremely sticky and durable tape. lol

Neutral Newbie

Oh, I had just examined the antenna and found a strand of web or saliva stuck on it. See updated blog post.

the wonder of the animal/insect kingdom.

they sld do research on the 'glue' used by insects to attach themselves to the window...maybe one day can be mass produce for extremely sticky and durable tape. lol

you are right, actually they have done it

in a bid to protect the origins of the secret compound, the manufacturers used another animal to market and brand their product

see:

jsl%20super%20glue%203ml%20(sg-888).jpg

in a bid to protect the origins of the secret compound, the manufacturers used another animal to market and brand their product

see:

haha

but then if the real animal is to hitch any our ride :ph34r:

Neutral Newbie

haha

but then if the real animal is to hitch any our ride :ph34r:

If there are many of these, then motor insurance premium will go sky high [laugh].

see:

so... are they implying super glue is actually.... ELEPHANT SPERM! [crazy]

Turbocharged
(edited)

maybe it's humping ur antenna. :D

Speaking of humping, I have my fair share of horny flys.....not 1 or both of my cars.

This is the first one, on the spoiler of my Old Swift few years back. That time it caught me by surprise and I found it very amusing.

Took it with my lousy old mobilephone

fly003.jpg

I never expected this scenario to happen again. Until I saw it again!!

Now is on my brand new Colt 2 years ago.

I'm more prepared this time, I took it with my then Nokia N73 with closeup mode

fly001.jpg

fly002.jpg

I did encounter a 3rd time during my carwash session, the horny flies are doing in the antenna, but unfortunately I don't have a camphone with me then.

Either my cars are fly magnets, or my estate as infesting maggots..

Edited by Pocus

Supersonic

I just saw a small lizard clinging onto my right wing mirror for dear life while I was travelling on the highway.

Turbocharged

Think it's a grasshopper.

I was very amazed this this insect cos I ever encounter one on my side window before. When I drive off, the grasshopper just stick there.

when I stop at the traffic light. the grasshopper quickly saliva it's legs one by one with it's mouth like putting saliva on the legs then stick back to the window.

I move off again....it just stick there......80km/h, 90km/h, 120km/h in the expressway....it just stick there!! the grasshopper 's body already flying and wiggling around by the force of the wind but the legs still stick on the window panel solid....like a leave that refuse to shed.

When I reach my destination and parked, I open the door it just hop off without a hoot...like very easy.

I think their legs got some suction and their saliva must be very sticky.

The 'suction force' is called van-der-waals force...it's attraction force which goes right down to the intermolecular levels and is responsible for how most insects' ability to hang upside down etc etc

↡ Advertisement