2nd hand Toyota Allion or Altis 2008(new) which one better ?

Carseeker

Neutral Newbie

Hi All

Wonder 2008 2nd hand Toyota Allion or Altis 2008(new) which one better ? Both are selling about same price. In term of build quality, FC, space, spare part and maintenance which one better. I know Allion is PI product so don't know spare part OK or not, and also the 3rd year warranty don't know still valid or the agent OK or not. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

if same price same age of cos get allion... (supposed if the parts are similar.. I know someone driving the Axio and the parts are similar to other corollas so no issues there)

Neutral Newbie

Taxi vs Police car. :P

That aside, the Allion should prove to be a better ride in terms of comfort and fuel efficiency... Add the interior furnishing and the Start Stop Engine button as perks...

Hypersonic

My vote go to Allion since I am driving one.

The Allion will definitely have a better build and classy interior. FC is confirm better than 08 Altis.

By the way, Altis is actually = Axio (JDM corolla)

while Allion is a replacement model for the Corona/Carina in Japan.

So it should be a class above the Altis.

what i got from my agent is a standard servicing 60 month warranty or up till 100 k mileage ( i dun quite remember)

availability of spare part I'm not too sure but my boss got his car (estima) repaired within 1 month after an accident maybe should not be tat difficult but depend on workshop.

for maintenance not too expensive i visit my regular workshop normally for me is about 100 to 200+ if nothing go wrong or maybe due to low mileage of my allion.the warranty workshop i went twice there and their workmanship is not good imo.

handling wise still not bad

but dun expect too much of performance from 1.5 sedan and it low FC engine.

(edited)

comfort, fc and slightly luxury allion

for a peace of mind.. altis.. not so much on build quality but rather new car and AD

Edited by Enzomatrix

Neutral Newbie

what i got from my agent is a standard servicing 60 month warranty or up till 100 k mileage ( i dun quite remember)

availability of spare part I'm not too sure but my boss got his car (estima) repaired within 1 month after an accident maybe should not be tat difficult but depend on workshop.

for maintenance not too expensive i visit my regular workshop normally for me is about 100 to 200+ if nothing go wrong or maybe due to low mileage of my allion.the warranty workshop i went twice there and their workmanship is not good imo.

handling wise still not bad

but dun expect too much of performance from 1.5 sedan and it low FC engine.

if you don't go back to warranty workshop they will void your warranty right ? I wonder if got problem, can go to AD (Borneo Motor) to repair, don't know they will entertain or not.

Hypersonic

if you don't go back to warranty workshop they will void your warranty right ? I wonder if got problem, can go to AD (Borneo Motor) to repair, don't know they will entertain or not.

I only had my 1K servicing done at warranty workshop.

All other service done at AutoSaver. My Allion is coming to 2 years old in 3 mths time.

mmm tough choice

go for a drive in both cars if u can.

i'd be more inclined to go for the brand new Altis (personally prefers spanking new car [laugh] ), although i think the Allion fares better in the comfort departments like noise insulation, legroom, reclinable rear seats, etc, etc.

i took the plunge with a PI Allion, was considering the Sylphy from AD.

Neutral Newbie

All other service done at AutoSaver. My Allion is coming to 2 years old in 3 mths time.

So you don't really worry about the warranty issue ??

Hypersonic
(edited)

So you don't really worry about the warranty issue ??

I believed unless I got a 'Lemon', if not it should need any warranty repair.

Even I previous Korea ride can last for 4 years without any problem, JDM car should be same or better.

Just notice that you are refering to get a New Altis. For me new car is always better but Altis is never my choice. I will rather get the Kia Cerato Forte 2.0L SX which is almost same price as new Altis.

Edited by Tohto

Neutral Newbie

I believed unless I got a 'Lemon', if not it should need any warranty repair.

Even I previous Korea ride can last for 4 years without any problem, JDM car should be same or better.

Just notice that you are refering to get a New Altis. For me new car is always better but Altis is never my choice. I will rather get the Kia Cerato Forte 2.0L SX which is almost same price as new Altis.

no la, I think I got my title wrong, I mean new is the new model but is 2nd hand car not the previous batch. I'm comparing 2nd hand Allion and 2nd hand Altis.. Sorry for the wrong info...

well i think they might void the warranty but reading their terms and condition..only act like a AD workshop.

should I meet with any problem think I will go back to my regular workshop to seek solution.

my allion also coming to 2 yr in 5 month time

Hypersonic

Thursday night there is a Allion club MU at Kallang Leisure Park Carpark G at 8pm. Come and join the MU and you can try out the Allion.

Normally PI don't let you test drive.