Saw a Hyundai i45 in Ubi

Mini-itx

Wah nice car!! Very cool!! Korean car designs is really very nice now. Much better than that toy ota car.....

↡ Advertisement

the i45 is sure more stylish and sporty design than the market leader Camry,

but if the i45 is the Sonata replacement, and isn't a new model,

people won't take to the i45....

the thing is that the i45 is market under the same category as the Camry sedan (2.0L sedan and not 4door coupe, like the CLS or CC)....

the interior design of the i45 is much more modern and stylish compared to the Camry,

but quality of the i45 still have to improve to reach luxury car levels....

i just don't like the feeling of 'Short of money, that's why we made the i45 like that' kind of short-changed feeling....

seat in one and you'll know what i mean....

Wah nice car!! Very cool!! Korean car designs is really very nice now. Much better than that toy ota car.....

i am beginning to see quite a few.. v nice indeed.. design looks continental like those of passat cc and cls350.. it's sleek and not like the conventional kinda design.. [thumbsup]

I tested the i45 2.0 version, underpower and slow in pick up. Don't feel like driving a 165bhp car. Engine noise is obvious >3k RPM. Overall the car has the look but lack of refinement and power.

i45 don't have that high-class quality feel of the interior and would make you wanna step out of the car the moment you step in....

in fact, the current Magentis Innovation or previous Sonata Transform has a better made and assembled interior overall....

quite disappointed with the i45 as a whole....

and 165bhp is nonsense, i think that's on paper spec, the actual drive is like the previous sonata with 140bhp on tap....

Neutral Newbie

good design and value for money. those are the selling points. can't expect continental build right? if it can match or out-do the japanese, then i say good car!

the ix35 is one car that is really trying too hard....

it's a revolutionary design, but it carries that hate it look image....

i45 though, is a family sedan packaged in a stylish manner....

but in such sedans, you'd expect flawless interior build quality and ambience....

the Sonata's all grey/black or two-tone black and beige colour are just too cheeky....

doesn't work for me....

but if the Camry has the interior dash design of the i45, i think it'll sell even more....

till now, you still pay for what you get.....

it'll still take the Koreans years before they can reach the build quality standard for their mainstream cars to be like VW products (soft-touch plastics all around the cabin)....

Neutral Newbie

hows the crash test i45.... i notice lots of ppl tend to consider looks more than safety like woa tats a nice design etc....

Yes you are right. First few glance on the car looks nice and chio. But if i am going to look at it everyday, i think the feel will be gone in < 6 mths. That's why i prefer refinement and performance over look.

↡ Advertisement