Sunny with CNG conversion

Good-Carbuyer

A brother of mine sent his second Sunny for CNG conversion since he drives quite a lot.

Recently, with the engine warmed up, the car is having starting problem. AD workshop still not sure the cause(es)

Anyone with similar exposure to share?

↡ Advertisement

A brother of mine sent his second Sunny for CNG conversion since he drives quite a lot.

Recently, with the engine warmed up, the car is having starting problem. AD workshop still not sure the cause(es)

I don't know if this will help, had some problem with my CNG also, but with the help of Genie47, now ok liao.

likely a hardware issue, check the spark plugs and the plug cables, I changed the plug cables and gap down my plugs to 0.9mm, problem solve. you may want to let your brother know.

I don't know if this will help, had some problem with my CNG also, but with the help of Genie47, now ok liao.

likely a hardware issue, check the spark plugs and the plug cables, I changed the plug cables and gap down my plugs to 0.9mm, problem solve. you may want to let your brother know.

Many thanks. I wonder what the AD workshop did for him all this while. AD workshop suggested dismantling the engine for research as they have no clue/trouble-shooting skill for this

Better not let the CNG staffs R&D your engine. My suggestion is also change to a better performance spark plugs and narrow the gap of the electrode.

Changing the spark plug cable at a later stage if still cannot achieve your expectation.

Spark plug cable - to have a booster would be much better.

Just my thought.

Many thanks. I wonder what the AD workshop did for him all this while. AD workshop suggested dismantling the engine for research as they have no clue/trouble-shooting skill for this

I hate to say this, but AD ws kn next to nothing when it comes to CNG. When I send my ride to AD for the CNG problem, they just tell me is the software issue, when I told them it could be the plug cable, they insisted that no problem with hardware. But after I changed the plug cable problem solved.

Better not let the CNG staffs R&D your engine. My suggestion is also change to a better performance spark plugs and narrow the gap of the electrode.

Changing the spark plug cable at a later stage if still cannot achieve your expectation.

Just my thought.

yes, yes! I agree, better not let them R&D the engine, if not Bo d

Just my thought.

I check with my brother if his car warranty over, I DIY for him may be better than the AD workshop people with no clue (I believe AD workshop more familiar with servicing not trouble-shooting). If AD workshop people good in trouble-shooting, sure proached by others soon

I check with my brother if his car warranty over, I DIY for him may be better than the AD workshop people with no clue (I believe AD workshop more familiar with servicing not trouble-shooting). If AD workshop people good in trouble-shooting, sure proached by others soon

any updates?

any updates?

Many thanks for your kindness. He may be de-commissioning the CNG installation like some others had already done so. I believe the Sunny engine compression ratio not fully compatible for sustainable CNG conversion (almost normal operation with petrol, about 60% power with CNG). Could be CNG overheated the engine/engine oil

Many thanks for your kindness. He may be de-commissioning the CNG installation like some others had already done so. I believe the Sunny engine compression ratio not fully compatible for sustainable CNG conversion (almost normal operation with petrol, about 60% power with CNG). Could be CNG overheated the engine/engine oil

so sad to hear this [:(]

well, maintaining hardware in shape is very important for CNG cars, because of the heat, must pay attention to EO and battery, I check my battery every month and always have to top up water.

did he try changing the plugs and cable?

CNG = Car No Good. Enough said.

can be Cheap N Good? [laugh]

CNG was promoted without accurate information/data. So some motorists wasted money on conversion. Some workshop wasted money on facilities for conversion business.

Now some motorists already de-commission the CNG installation for their cars

Edited by Good-Carbuyer