Opel Insignia 2.0 (A) or Honda Accord 2.4 (A)

Lazydala

Neutral Newbie

hi..

My dad has been driving his Mondeo for 6 yrs ...

Now he is considering for his ride between these 2 cars ...

I would like to know your views .... [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I was actually thinking of chnaging to Accord 2.4 (A) made in thailand as well but if you study the specs vs price, it is no wise buying.

Imagine a 2.4 luxury sedan come with ONLY 2 airbags !

Neutral Newbie

Its so strange to built a Accord with 2 airbags while a civic 2.0 Si has 4 airbags. I guess the R&D people of Honda must have miss them out.

I like Accord for the space and power and it is a Vtec engine but not the safety features for luxury sedan.

Even a Korean made Kia Forte 2.0 has better safety features than Accord, why ?

Of cos, i am rather particular on safety when comes to driving. I am not here to offend Accord die hard fans.

Neutral Newbie

I think it's not the Honda R&D engineers' fault [:)] . It should be the spec that Kah Motor ordered in to maximise their profits. So they brought in a big car, but to lower the omv they definitely have to leave something out. Despite doing this, in the end they did not price it as a 2-airbag Accord.

i think its 4 airbags. two in front, two by the sides for front passengers.

yea, none for the rear passengers. Somehow Jap cars don't seem to put in lots of airbags like the conti cars

I was actually thinking of chnaging to Accord 2.4 (A) made in thailand as well but if you study the specs vs price, it is no wise buying.

Imagine a 2.4 luxury sedan come with ONLY 2 airbags !

Space is very good. the rear seats are damn spacious. easy to drive and corner despite it size. I find it easier to parallel park this 4.9m Accord than a hatchback, serious.

The downside is the equipment level is too basic for luxury sedan (guess its the same for most Hondas compared to other Jap makes). No dvd screen like the Camry, no push/start, etc. Even for the rearview anti-glare mirror, u got to flip it up/down yourself.

After 30,000km, engine can become quite noisy when car is stationery. Moving on the road is fine.

Its not a cheap car but u do get the size, space and great driveability. No problems at all after > 2 years of owning it. If you want value for $, look at Camry or the Teana (but i really do not like the look of Teana/Cefiro)

Its so strange to built a Accord with 2 airbags while a civic 2.0 Si has 4 airbags. I guess the R&D people of Honda must have miss them out.

I like Accord for the space and power and it is a Vtec engine but not the safety features for luxury sedan.

Even a Korean made Kia Forte 2.0 has better safety features than Accord, why ?

Of cos, i am rather particular on safety when comes to driving. I am not here to offend Accord die hard fans.

the new Opel Insignia 2.0(A) [4-cylinders 16-valves Turbocharged]

- with 1,613kg and 220bhp/350Nm on paper spec.

the Honda Accord 2.4(A) [4-cylinders in-line 16-valves DOHC i-VTEC]

- with 1,505kg and 180bhp/222Nm on paper spec.

although Opel Insignia comes with 6 airbags while Honda Accord comes with only 2 airbags, most important are seat belts and traction control, where both are inclusive.

I had test drove the Honda Accord 2.4(A) myself and I find it rather under-power, not like those old Honda Accords.

I don't see many Honda Accords on the road too.

If I got to choose between these two, I will go for Opel Insignia.

But then again, I think I will not choose either one.

it is BEST for your dad to test drive himself and judge for himself.

since he is going for mid-sized sedan, there are plenty in the car market.

eg. Mazda 6, Toyota Camry, Nissan Teana, etc.

nonetheless, happy car shopping! ;-)

If it has to be between these 2 cars, then my choice will be Insignia. Especially for some one who previously owned a Mondeo.

Edited by Fourth

Neutral Newbie

Opel for me .. went test drive the car with my friends, car comes with lotsa gadgets and the power is quite good. Very impressed with the car. Too bad off my budget .. haiz !!. IS250 and Accord are too common on the road. well biggest downside for Opel in SG is resale i guess.

The accords here are tom yum accords. The Opel or Vauxhall as they call it where they dont speak singlish, always had a good reputation. 6 Speed summore. Conti also.

↡ Advertisement