Audi R8 4.2 or Porsche 911 GT3

Dpsk

Definitely the Porsche... it has racing pedigree. Below is an excerpt from Autocar UK seperate review of both cars

Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Named after and conceived for the FIA sporting category of the time, the GT3 was less about shedding kilos and more about speed, technology and driver-focused dynamics.

At its core was a much more exotic and stronger flat six. This powerplant, originally designed in turbocharged form for the fearsome GT1 racing car, evolved with the spikier 381bhp Mk2 GT3 in 2003.

Now, with countless race victories in international competition worldwide, and a stranglehold on the wealthy end of the track day market born from a typical Porsche mix of durability and speed, the 997 GT3 has arrived.

One way of assessing a car is to start off assuming it is perfect and then, on better acquaintance, deduct marks for aspects that disappoint. Do that in a 911 GT3 RS and the opportunity to wipe marks off the total is damnably hard.

Its performance is outstanding. It is unimpeachable in its design, engineering and purity of purpose. It grips like little else and its handling has been so thoroughly developed that there are no foibles or nasty surprises, just the finest of 911 experiences honed until they

Edited by Voxy28

Neutral Newbie

does anyone knows the r8 driveability? i read that its gear switching is abit jumpy. is this true?

i like the audi r8 too. porkies are too common sight and even though the design is classic, its kinda boring with all those boxsters around.

i have seen how they perform at test shown in Top Gear,

porsche = hardcore...more suitable for track

R8 = can be used for daily driving + track ready

↡ Advertisement