Ah! the joy of a manual..

RadX

A day since I collected my Cayman and the feeling of driving a manual really exhlirates me tons. Even more so when the amount of torque that one can gain from 3 onwards is magnificient. Found joy again in driving, cf mundane transport with the auto gearbox.

The porker's gearbox is superb and with the sound coming from the flat 6, is just heaven! [angel][thumbsup][thumbsup]

So, folks out there, would you trade your auto for a manual anytime? What would your considerations be? Fire away

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

A day since I collected my Cayman and the feeling of driving a manual really exhlirates me tons. Even more so when the amount of torque that one can gain from 3 onwards is magnificient. Found joy again in driving, cf mundane transport with the auto gearbox.

The porker's gearbox is superb and with the sound coming from the flat 6, is just heaven! [angel][thumbsup][thumbsup]

So, folks out there, would you trade your auto for a manual anytime? What would your considerations be? Fire away

next car...for sure it will be a manual... cos S2K or FD2R only comes in MT.. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Driving a manual, do not think I will ever buy an auto, for manual is power on demand...

Totally agree, and control on demand too....

After 4 autos, it really feels like the old days when I had my manual 318 last time!!!

• Praise 1

MT will never be obsolete! And with a kind of traffic jam here... we're considered lucky compared to some countries.

I agree, in UK most of the contis we see here that are auto are usual manual over there. People in the west still prefers manual over auto hence the demand will be there.

Totally agree, and control on demand too....

After 4 autos, it really feels like the old days when I had my manual 318 last time!!!

Think BMW still has quite alot of manual models, you can import them if you want.

Me gotta brush up my heel toe technique again...to ride those fast corners.....haha

Think BMW still has quite alot of manual models, you can import them if you want.

I had 2 manual BMWs and those gearboxes are really bulletproof....never gave me any issues till the day i sold it off.,.. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Is the porky in ur avatar yours? If yes, it has been in the mkt for sometime.

Early Aug....form what I saw.....car is pristine...ppl din pick it up cos it is a manual, I guess [laugh][laugh][laugh]

dun ask me how I finally decided on a porker...cos was lookin at just selling my cx-7, then, things started to happen, and was looking at e90, e60, even a 7-series [laugh][laugh]

then ah heck, started looking at porkers...and this one fit the bill eprfectly! SA car, and full hsitory

So far my first 2 cars are both MT :D

3rd one LL.. not solely driving it. consolation is its a DSG

er.....Polo not even consider a car leh [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1