Ur Ah beng-turn-new-life-make-good-in-life experience

Thargor

Any ex ah beng here can share with the youngster in this forum how you changed for the better and made good your life?

↡ Advertisement

Any ex ah beng here can share with the youngster in this forum how you changed for the better and made good your life?

After a ah beng gai xiao me to MCF..I change for the better and made good. [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

i am not a ah beng but i know of one that accidentially killed someone when he was just 16 yr old and now a well behave adult mainly due to religion.

i duno how you term an ah beng but this is my side of the story

was in seconday school in the 90s where gangs in schools were rampant.

it was in sec 2 when i joined my first gang, play truant.

the gang took K,E, Glue and went out to look for trouble every now and then,

although it was a good school and i was from the express stream fights were common in toilets and recess time was always a staring competition between rival gangs

weekend there be outings to tea dances and of course more fight follows

although it sounds stupid now but the "fashion sense" at that time was blue versace jeans, yellow valentino jeans and gawd i cant forget the converse slippers.

my grades dropped and i was failing 5 out of 8 subjects.

at the end of sec 3 i was identified as one of the problem students and i was being sent to a boot camp organised by the school.

the boot camp was physically tough which makes BMT look like chicken feed and we were being counselled in the night , its a sorta wake up call for me and i know this road is going to end me nowhere.

i started to distance myself from the gang but i couldnt fit into the normal guys cos either they look down on us or were afraid of us.

sec 4 was the hardest part of my life living in solitude and i began to study hard as i know i have wasted sec 2 and 3.

i finally managed to pass my Os with some distinctions.

looking back now, it was really lucky to decide to do something right at that point of time.

the guys that i mixed with are either dead while running away from police, holding low end jobs or are in prison now.

However it has also taught me brotherhood, friendship and trust.

many of these lessons are very useful in my everyday life now. these are somethings you cant learn from computer games or from books.

i am not a ah beng but i know of one that accidentially killed someone when he was just 16 yr old and now a well behave adult mainly due to religion.

haha...

last time my sec school ahbeng gang ... fighting ... skip school... vandalism...

2 end up teacher

1 is a doc

1. has a phd

and one is a engineer with 2 masters.

hahaha

time flies

i duno how you term an ah beng but this is my side of the story

was in seconday school in the 90s where gangs in schools were rampant.

it was in sec 2 when i joined my first gang, play truant.

the gang took K,E, Glue and went out to look for trouble every now and then,

although it was a good school and i was from the express stream fights were common in toilets and recess time was always a staring competition between rival gangs

weekend there be outings to tea dances and of course more fight follows

although it sounds stupid now but the "fashion sense" at that time was blue versace jeans, yellow valentino jeans and gawd i cant forget the converse slippers.

my grades dropped and i was failing 5 out of 8 subjects.

at the end of sec 3 i was identified as one of the problem students and i was being sent to a boot camp organised by the school.

the boot camp was physically tough which makes BMT look like chicken feed and we were being counselled in the night , its a sorta wake up call for me and i know this road is going to end me nowhere.

i started to distance myself from the gang but i couldnt fit into the normal guys cos either they look down on us or were afraid of us.

sec 4 was the hardest part of my life living in solitude and i began to study hard as i know i have wasted sec 2 and 3.

i finally managed to pass my Os with some distinctions.

looking back now, it was really lucky to decide to do something right at that point of time.

the guys that i mixed with are either dead while running away from police, holding low end jobs or are in prison now.

However it has also taught me brotherhood, friendship and trust.

many of these lessons are very useful in my everyday life now. these are somethings you cant learn from computer games or from books.

sounds damm familiar

hahaha

and the 2 colour alien workshop jeans too

Yes, the ah beng rollagt was introduced to MCF by the ah beng, I was introduced here by beng rollagt :D

I also intro another ex-ah beng to MCF and subsequently attained his MBA and career wise is high flying.

DJ SPike knows who he is..Haha ! SOmetimes got surf and post in MCF wan.

I also intro another ex-ah beng to MCF and subsequently attained his MBA and career wise is high flying.

DJ SPike knows who he is..Haha ! SOmetimes got surf and post in MCF wan.

Yes, ah beng [:p]

Without saying too much about my past, my belief is that everyone can change if they really want, its just how resistant a certain person is towards changing for the better and what works for one may not work for another. Some people need a real good scare before they wake up- that was certainly true for me. I did a lot of things in my youth, my school gave up on me and I am extremely fortunate that today I am not dead or in jail. My life has been somewhat unique as I have experienced retribution many times for the things I did, and that was partially what turned me around. The other, of course, was a near brush with the law, telling me how easily I could have landed in jail, and seeing others around me get caught one by one. At that time, I was still a senseless, rebellious teen, but through breaking contact with all the bad company, getting interested in new hobbies and meeting new friends and spending time making up to my family, my character changed considerably.

Hahaha, I still have several pairs of those jeans! Including the yellow and red ones. and amazingly my waistline has not changed for more than 10 years down the road!

sounds damm familiar

hahaha

and the 2 colour alien workshop jeans too

haha. wah i had all of those, + all the ahbeng accesories. But in truth, i was only a "poseur" from a good school compared to those hardcore one.

haha...

last time my sec school ahbeng gang ... fighting ... skip school... vandalism...

2 end up teacher

1 is a doc

1. has a phd

and one is a engineer with 2 masters.

hahaha

time flies

nbz..... should have join gang in my sec sch days <_<

haha. wah i had all of those, + all the ahbeng accesories. But in truth, i was only a "poseur" from a good school compared to those hardcore one.

yeah

i guess we were la

we were all young and foolish...

we were wild and rebellious but we never allowed ourselves to stray too far

we experimented yet didn't deviate too far from social norms

we skipped classes yet did enough to pass every year and make our teachers' eyes pop out during O level

those were the days

I was bullied by gangster in sec.1,, He always don't do homework, and I have to do for him. Exam also ask to pass him the answers. Anyway last heard, he longer in this world at a young age.. Good riddance..

Some ok gangster in my class (Those that support me when this bully target me) also not of this world liao.. sad..

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement